søndag 6. mars 2016

Another pin pushed in to remind us where we’ve been, and every mile adds up and leaves a mark on us. And sometimes our compass breaks and our steady true north fades. We’ll be just fine

I'm sort of entertaining the idea of bringing along the Canon camera on the trip. That would soothe my wish to take nice pictures. However, my current camera-bag is too big. Well, technically I do have the space for it. But I don't want to bring along bulky things, because I know that I won't want to tag it along on adventures, which defeats the whole idea of bringing along the camera with me. If I can find a smaller bag, I might do it. Technically, the camera isn't mine. It was part of a Christmas present, where Volla gave it to me to loan, to use it for my trip. She said Mog has a camera too, which means they sort of had more than they needed. I suspect she'll never collect it, and it truly becomes mine. To be fair, I wouldn't mind either. I don't think of myself to be a person who is dedicated enough to bring along a system camera. It's just too big and bulky. I woke up around 9 am today, got out of bed an hour later and made my breakfast. Since then I've cleaned my bedroom, washed the clothes I'm bringing along, plus some extra clothing I might bring, just because I have the space for it (I shouldn't bring along any extra, but we'll see). I've decided to bring my sandals along, because I want something that's a bit more open. However, I do have a tendency to get blisters if I use them over a long period of time. I've packed a lot of the things I'm also using everyday, so I find myself always having to dig them back out. I figured I'd show you what I've packed thus far. I'm using a backpack that holds 75L. Picture three shows you the inside, what I've packed. It might look a bit stuffed, but I've actually got a lot of free space, and I intend to keep it that way. Picture number four will show you all of the things that I've packed. Two black packing cubes; one for my clothes, and the other for underwear, swimwear, socks, two cloths, two exfoliating scrub gloves. I've got a first-aid kit, fast drying towel, cotton bag liner, mosquito netting, sandals (in the Hunter bag), twine around a candle, duct tape, a purse/bag, a toiletry bag, and my half-cube from Eagle Creek, which I've used as an extended toiletry cube. I've taken a picture of the latter to illustrate what you can fit into a cube. The half-cube is 24.5 x 18 x 8 cm. In it I've got a pack of makeup wipes (25 wipes), two toothbrushes. I've got laundry detergent, a fullsized sunscreen, aftersun and handcreme. 24 pads sanitary pads, 16 tampons. If you look at the pictures I've let the things stay inside their packaging, which, if you really need more space, you should always take them out. Ever since I watched this video by Ingrid Nilsen about packing, I fell in love with packing cubes. It's just the best thing. Thus far I've only brought three, because that's all I've needed. Also, though packing cubes are amazing, they fit better into rectangular- and square- spaces. However, it's usually not a problem. I might bring an extra, empty one just in case I buy a few clothing items. We'll see. I'm not done packing just yet, and if you're wondering about electronics and other things, they're in my little backpack which I'll bring along as hand luggage. It's tiny and cute, like a children backpack. And everything is blue, did you see? I've finally begun enjoying this packing process, and it's such a relief. I went downstairs, sat down in the sofa, and my brother asked whether it was a handball match or cross country skiing on tv. I said neither, and he was surprised. "That's the only reason you come down to watch television," he commented. True, but I also like to watch a certain interior program. We had a chat, and it turns out he wants to apply for a job in Switzerland that supposedly lasts for a year. I was supportive. I'm in this period of my life where I think you should seek opportunities, and take them when (if) you can.  I might spend the rest of this Sunday doing travel-related things like printing out documents, and continuing my research. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar