søndag 18. august 2019

my eyes start to water, but I can't stop you when you lie

Here's the trousers I bought the other day, and the more impromptu jumper I fell in love with. The picture doesn't really show off the colour, but it's a sage green. The jumper is sort of a grandpa jumper or a henley, only with a collar. I'm sure it's got a name, but although I indulge in fashion, I'm no expert. Paired together, it really does look like I raided a man's wardrobe. Also if I added tennis shoes, I'm pretty sure I'd look a bit like a douche-y golfer. But I love mens fashion, and if I look like a douche, that's fine. Yesterday I was able to wear my wellies, although the rain wasn't exactly torrential. Regardless, I dressed as if it was going to be torrential rain, and I managed to use my fleece jumper that I was gifted for Christmas. It's the first time I've used it, and I'm glad it's gotten to see the outside of my closet. I went to the library and found the book I was looking for. Also did a small perusal, but they've really minimised the selection of English books. So I didn't find anything, and went on to do my grocery shopping. My aim for yesterday was to use up as many coins as possible, as my wallet has been stuffed full with coins the past month. I normally use my card, but my parents grew up with and are most comfortable with actual money. So whenever they decide to give me some money it's physical money rather than a transfer. So I spend the notes until I've only got coins left, and it's such a bother trying to fish out enough coins to purchase anything. But yesterday I was determined. Had only planned to shop at one grocery store, but they didn't have any cayenne pepper, so I had to stop by another one. I'd already used up quite a few coins at the first store, but I did have a lot left to use. Just wasn't sure if it was enough. But the cashier was nice enough to help me after I told her I was trying to use up all of my coins. So I went from over 200 nok in coins to 18 nok in my wallet. I mean, I've still got notes, so I'll end up with more coins. That is if I don't just transfer the money to my bank account. My dad sometimes comes home with produce or some kind of protein, which throws my food plan out of the works. Yesterday he told me I should cook the piece of halibut he had brought home before it goes bad. I'm pretty basic at cooking fish, and I've never prepared halibut before. But I found a relatively easy recipe, and I had to shop for a few ingredients for it. But woah, I managed to plate up something that looked like it belonged in a restaurant. I was a bit off with the spices though, as I forgot to taste my lemon-butter sauce, and underestimated how spicy cayenne pepper is. Today I went for an easier route, and made a sausage wok with paprika sauce. I've got enough for leftovers, which is good. Feel a bit like I spend most of my day cooking or eating nowadays, so it's nice to save a bit time. A lot of hours today was spent on cleaning, and I really wanted to sit down and make a few cards. I haven't wanted to do that in ages, so I really did want to spend some time on that. But I had to write down my weekly goals, and print out a new schedule for the next weeks. It's made me quite anxious, as it makes me very conscious of how little time I've got left to finish up my thesis. It's making me really stressed, which isn't great. I've got exactly four weeks left, and theoretically that will be fine. However, it's the fact that I need to send my documents for feedback as well. My supervisor is quite busy at the moment, with the upstart of a new semester. And I'm going to be pushing it for when I send my documents for feedback. I imagine the next four weeks to be quite tough, and I'll probably be working long evenings. It's not great for my own mental or physical health, but I think it's doable as the goal isn't too far away. I will try to keep up with my exercise though, as it's really helpful. Speaking of exercise, I'm about to do some now. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar