tirsdag 8. april 2014

feel it rushing through you from your head to toe

Bless my mum. Yesterday I stormed off from the living room, after realising that there was no warm water left in the thermos. I'm not usually very dramatic, but that really pissed me off. Because it's the 100th time it's happened, and it seems like it's always me who has to put the kettle on. Imagine that, I put the kettle on and boil the water, and then I put the boiled water in the thermos. I have one cup of tea, bring it upstairs with me. And then when I want to have some more, I stumble downstairs to grab the thermos, only to realise it's empty. The exact thing happened tonight, except that my mum said it was empty just after I'd picked it up. And I just aggressively put my mug down (as aggressive possible without breaking it), and just huffed. Might have muttered some words to myself, but that was that. And then I came upstairs and puttered around my room slightly annoyed. Half an hour after, my mum came knocking on my door, saying "you're a lazy git", whilst handing me a cuppa. So yes, bless my mum even though she thinks I'm lazy. And even though I didn't want a cuppa anymore. I did protest, and tried explaining why I was so annoyed. But she left, mumbling, when I exclaimed "it's annoying!". Today I went to school all dressed up to protect myself from the rain. Also happened to be dressed completely black, which seems to be a thing I do quite regularly these days. Although it wasn't exactly pouring down when I walked outside, I was happy that I'd chosen to prepare for the weather, because when I got off the train, it was pouring down. And I spent a little time sympathising with all the people who had not dressed for the weather. I was at school from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm. My whole "praksis" group were supposed to meet up, but due to illness and travels and appointments, we were quite few. At first it was just Sally, Allie and I-- which was quite nice, because I've spent so much time with them the past months. Allie and I had a chat about ageing and growing up. And it was nice to have someone confirm my own thoughts and opinion on the matter. It felt very reassuring, and then Sally came back and also agreed. Allie also said something that made me realise a lot of things, and this week has actually been like a week of realisations for myself. Or, well, like Kiwi's "revelations". Anyway, it just seems like there's a load of bad news right now. News that has probably nothing to do with myself, but I can't help feeling really sad. It's also things I can't do anything about, and I try to look at it in a bigger perspective, I do. But it doesn't help, and I just feel a lot like crying. I might just be overemotional. They do say it's a lot of highs and downs when you're young, not so much in between. Anyway, I listened to Sing by Ed Sheeran for the first time yesterday, and it was definitely not a love at first listen. But it's a grower, and it's already been growing on me. I read somewhere that he'd said that there would be some classic Ed Sheeran songs on the new album too, which I am very relieved about. Tomorrow I'm going to school, and when I get home, I plan to pack my suitcase. What seemed like ages just a few weeks ago, is coming up in two days. I'm finally leaving to see my sister and her little family. On Friday I'm babysitting, so that'll be good. No, actually, I think that'll be great for me right now-- to spend time with my family and have a break from school and myself. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar