søndag 27. april 2014

right now I wish you were here with me

My mum has green fingers. From where, I don't know. Maybe she learnt how to deal with plants when she was younger and harvested sugar canes for a living. Or maybe it was when she was a stay at home mum and had some time over for herself to do whatever she wanted to do. Nevertheless, she has green fingers, and each spring our garden turns into a little oasis of colours. In that sense I am not my mothers daughter-- I don't know what kind of flower needs more water than the others, and I don't know the signs of them wilting, and I don't know what's best soil to plant them in. Today I've gone through the house and winced each time I pour water into another plant, guessing if it needs more than the one I watered in prior of this one. I've also cleaned my bedroom, cleaned the tables in the living room, and dusted. It does feel a bit like I am one of those housewives. Except this is not my house, nor am I a wife. I am wearing stripes on stripes, blue on green. Beneath is my favourite bikini I wore when I was outside trying to enjoy the sun. I've come to realisation that I cannot hide in my bed when the weather is as nice as it's been for the past week. So I spent some time outside reading, before I was too bored. I've applied nail varnish, which has been a pain in the arse because I hate opaque and slow drying varnishes, which is what I've dealt with today. I also spent my morning going through my Tumblr dashboard, because once a tour starts, the updates are never ending. So I watched a few videos from the first concert, and I grinned unconsciously until I felt the ache in my cheeks. And I nearly started crying a few times because Zayn's riffs are amazing. And sometimes I catch myself in holding my breath when I watch videos of them, and I don't know why I do it. I actually spent last night watching the This Is Us DVD, sort of like a preparation and a reminder of what their tours are like. I am glad that they don't have as many dates this time around, and that they don't necessarily have a gig each day, or multiple times a day like they did last tour. Hopefully they'll get to explore the world this time, not just travelling from place to place. I really really have to do school work today. I simply cannot procrastinate any more. I hope you've had a great day. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar