fredag 7. februar 2014

can you hear me hopeless, louder than ever before

When I got home today, I had some food before I threw off my clothes and slumped into bed. My hair smells a bit like pizza, a consequence of trying to scrub an oven clean after having a pizza explosion. Well, maybe it's a bit exaggerating, but yes. Sally has abandoned me for a trip to New York, well, me and Allie. Except Allie isn't even in my floor, so I expect next week at "praksis" to be a slow one. I'll tell you one thing, and that is that I nearly cried because of how proud I was for my primary patient today. She's come such a long way, and I get this feeling of happiness threatening to burst out of my chest when I see her smile. I've had a good day in "praksis" today, if you can't already tell. Well, to be honest, the whole week has been pretty great. Wednesday, I had a half day shift, and then a night shift. I was barely home for about two hours before I had to get back to "praksis". To my surprise, I had a really lovely night. It was so relaxing, and there was a whole other atmosphere. Sweet Sally drove me home because she was driving in my direction anyway. Immediately removed any make up left on my face, brushed my teeth and dove into bed. Because on Thursday, I had the day shift, which means I have to wake up at six in the morning. Thursday was also evaluation day, which turned out to be a bit like oral examination. It went fine, or as good as it could go, I guess. I was very relieved to be done with it, and Sally and I had a discussion about it in the copy room. Probably stood there for twenty minutes, discussing. It was only slightly awkward when one of the psychologists opened the door and cleared his throat. When I got home on Thursday, which is also yesterday, I ate some food, before I exercised, showered, got ready and ate a bit again. And then I ran out of the door with wet hair, waiting for the bus which strangely was almost on time. I had expected a long delay due to the falling snow. Guess it was my lucky day. I was about to call Kiwi, when I spotted her walking in my direction. We headed over to the concert area, and got our tickets before we sat down to have a little catch up. I'll admit that I had actually only heard about two songs by Jonas Alaska before we went to his little gig yesterday, so I was far from prepared. We also happened to be sitting, which is a new thing for me. I'm pretty used to standing when I attend concerts. But it was a relief for my poor feet. I didn't get completely mesmerised, to be honest. But at times, I felt a bit outside of my body. It happens sometimes, when I'm at concerts, and staring intently at the artist(s). Also, when he sang If Only As A Ghost, I was shocked to realise how alike it was to the studio version. It's such a nice song, and it almost made me shed a tear. He's a really good artist, and a really good entertainer too. A bit awkward and humorous at the same time, which is always a good thing. His brother, however, is a real gem. Couldn't keep my grin off my face when I watched his enthusiastic ways of playing the drums. I do wonder if he's aware of the faces he makes when he's playing. I said goodbye to Kiwi shortly after the concert and left her to wait for her bus by herself (sounds like I abandoned her in a dark bus shelter late at a cold night. Not exactly what I did, but very similar, ha). Managed to get in bed by a pretty good time, considering. And well, then there was today, and now I'm here. My dad called me to tell me to record the Olympic opening ceremony today. I've decided against watching it, mostly because I'd rather spend my time catching up with all the things I've missed these past days, where it feels like I've not been home for anything but to sleep. But also in a little protest. I'm just not so very happy with Russia's president. I've already addressed that matter before, so I won't repeat it. However, I am going to watch the Olympics, course I am. Well, to be honest, I'll have to see how much time I can actually spend on watching the telly, when I've already got so much to do. I intend to spend the last hours of this day to my joy, and hopefully sleep a bit longer than 6:00 am tomorrow. And then I'm going to spend my weekend doing school work, actually. Have a nice Friday evening xx. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar