fredag 21. februar 2014

I'll search through the crowd. Your face is all that I see

Had a bit of a weird day. A bit glum, to be honest. Spent quite a few hours on the couch half watching the telly (Leap Year. I do love the Irish), half reading a fan fiction, and trying to do school work in between. Anything to avoid my thoughts. I postponed my work out yesterday, so I had to catch up today, which was probably just what I needed. I don't know if I mentioned it, but it was really nice to see my friends yesterday. As I've mentioned, it usually goes ages in between meetups. It was perhaps a bit short, but I've learned to treasure these kind of things anyway. I spoke to Lynx and David today. "Facetimed" with them. David wanted to show off his tummy, and he also wanted to show that he could put on pants by himself. After the call, my mum said: "he's really grown, hasn't he?". "Yeah, he has," I sighed. I get this feeling that once he's grown a bit, he'll no longer come running and hug me. I'll become the aunt he knows lives far away, the one he only sees a couple of times each year. Anyway, I've bought plane tickets. In seven weeks I'll be there, with Grepper, Lynx, David. And hopefully the dress for the wedding will still fit me, as I bought it last summer. I'm not sure what I'll do if it doesn't. And I've already imagined myself telling my sister (if it does fit) "if I have a panic attack or likewise, and I pass out, you'll have to open my dress. A bit like, whassit? Pirates of The Caribbean". I've got a lot on my mind, and it would be nice to not think about everything. The problem is that I care too much to not do so. Oh, Monchita just knocked on my door and told me to hold my hand out with my palm up. My immediate thought was oh god she's going to put gum on my hand. Because you know, I've never done anything like that before (cough). But I gave in, decided to trust her, and held my hand out. "For tomorrow," she said, as she put a chocolate bar in my hand. The good things in life, you guys, let's try to remind ourselves of that. I'm going to watch cross country skiing tomorrow, and on Sunday. And hopefully I'll manage to write on my paper. Because I really am running out of time. Have a nice Friday, hopefully yours have been better than mine. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar