lørdag 1. februar 2014

sometimes I can't bear the thought that you're not here to see

Hi! I ended up going to bed at 11:00 pm yesterday, and woke up at 7:00 am today. Didn't get out of bed before 8:00 am. That's the luxury with the weekend, being able to lie around in bed for as long as you want. I started reading Veronica Decides To Die by Paulo Coelho. Well, I did start a week ago, but I read a few pages in before I thought it became a bit too boring. But today, after reading the first part-- the introduction, the real story began, which was much more interesting. I quite dislike it when authors write themselves into a character in their books? Feels a bit tacky, almost. But yes, it was really good and rather philosophical. Made me stop and think several times, actually. I sat down by the dining table in the living room when it was still dark outside, and the house was still silent. And I sat there for hours. Eating my breakfast, and then reading the book, which took me about three hours (more or less). During those three hours, it turned brighter, and the living room was invaded by my family, and the noise level was higher than it was at 8:00 am. I was in midst of a dark thought, when my dad came from the kitchen and put down some crackers and chocolate next to me. And I just felt this swell of fondness. It's odd how a little action like that can pull me out of morose thoughts and make my heart burst with affection. Oh, the body butter I was talking about yesterday is the Righteous Butter by Soap & Glory. I've been using another body butter for the past few months, but when I smelled this by Soap & Glory, it took me straight back to summer. When I first started using the product back in July, I was a bit sceptical to the scent, because I thought it was almost a bit male? But I learned to love it, and I'm going to slash some on now. I spent over five hours at the mall today, with Kiwi and Marble. Kiwi was getting a hair cut, and had some things she wanted to buy. She had a list, actually. In the end she only managed to buy one of those things on her list, ha. I'm pretty sure she bought a lot of different things though. Same with Marble. I only bought one top. And it was almost bloody free. I did try on quite a few things, but I just didn't fall in love with anything, really. In the midst of looking through clothes in H&M, Kiwi and I gasped. Marble looked at us like we were crazy, which she was right to do. Because seconds later, we started to dance along to the music. The song was Move by Little Mix, and I was even singing along, before I realised I was in a public space. Didn't stop me later on, when the mall was closing, and Say Something by A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera was playing in the speakers. We actually rushed to the different shops to the actual closing time. Well, actually, Marble bought something after the mall technically had closed. Anyway, I had a really nice time with the girls, even though my feet hurts a bit now. Walked home in the pouring snow, which made it really hard to see. But eventually, I got used to it, and it was even a bit nice. Next week, Kiwi and I are planning on attending at a Jonas Alaska concert. Kiwi introduced me to this artist, like she has done with several others. Which reminds me, she told me she'd found a new artist. Send me the name, Kiwi. Anyway, we happen to have bought the same top today, so we're planning on wearing the exact same things. Joke, course. Reminds me of the olden days (in my life), when my old best friend and I used to dress in the same things. Thought we were proper "cool" back then. I'm a bit afraid it's going to be cancelled though. I will probably always fear cancellations of shows now, after Kodaline. Oh well, if I do go to the concert next week, I hope it's going to be good. Have a nice Saturday evening, people. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar