mandag 24. februar 2014

the only difference is, that you want nothing and I want everything






Things I realised as I was watching TV yesterday. I would have a Kardashians marathon if I was hungover or just really bored. And I would complain about feeling like I lost some IQ. I also realised that I know close to nothing about Australia. I'm not even sure of the capital. It's really windy outside. Was really windy last night too, and I thought for a second that maybe I wouldn't get any sleep due to it. However, I think it works like a lullaby to me. I do find sounds of nature quite soothing. Like the sound of the sea. It occurred to me yesterday that I've also grown used to eating cake at the weekends, which made me a bit sulky, because I wanted cake, but I managed with an ice lolly. You know sometimes you see people looking all deranged and in clothes that looks so outdated you nearly cringe? And it used to make me hope that I'd never become like that. But nowadays I'm not so sure. What if it was a concious decision? What if they've chosen to "let themselves go"? What an awful phrase, by the way, because "let themselves go" implies that they've changed themselves, they've let go of what used to define them. I think it's an awful phrase, because of course people change. We learn new things all the time, which makes our perspective wider, and what we thought when we were ten, is the opposite of what we think when we're twenty, and so on. Change is the only constant. That's another phrase, which I find is true. Also, I've come to realise that if it's a concious decision, who am I to decide that someone shouldn't walk around in dated clothing and such? We live in a very superficial world, which is really sad. Anyway, if you didn't already interpret the row of pictures as a longing for summer, well. The row of pictures is because I long for summer. There you have it. I am not at all surprised by myself, because my mood is very dependant on the weather. But I am surprised it's taken me this long. It's almost march already (it starts Saturday!!), and I don't think I've once yearned for summer yet. I hope we'll have good weather this year too, and I can't wait for barbecues. I've got "praksis" later on, so that'll be a slap back to reality. It's actually only two weeks left though, and in my mind it's only one week. This week will be rather quick, because I've changed my shifts due to things I ought to come along for. Therefore I'll have a full week next week, so I reckon I'll be rather knackered after it. But you know, it's the last week, so why not? Except I've got school the week after, like, there's no break whatsoever. Oh well, life carries on. I'm currently listening to Grimmy's breakfast show on BBC radio 1, and I've been procrastinating all day (well, the three hours I've been awake), so I might actually do some school work now. Have a nice Monday morning and spend some time to cherish life. Oh, that reminds me, a patient once told me that she found the kindness in birds a motivation to carry on with life. I thought that was really nice. Anyway, bye, and good day! 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar