søndag 1. april 2012

everything comes to an end

But the endings are truthfully just new beginnings. April this year means Easter, mock exams, spring and the start of Russetiden 2012! But first of all I really do need to finish my paper in philosophy. I'm happily nearly done (what a weird sentence). But I always delay sending my papers in, until I really need, just in case if I think of something important. Anyways, I'm writing about happiness and the good life. And it's really a big eye-opener sometimes. Nelly Furtado sang: "Why do all good things come to an end". Things come to an end, just so you can experience new things. People dream about being on a happy-cloud all the time. But you've gotta realise that what made you happy then, isn't necessarily what makes you happy now. And as humans, we will always crave new things. We will always wish for something new, make new goals. It's the way we live. It is also important to realise that happiness is a state of mind, not a goal. Happiness is something you have to provide yourself, you can't rely on things to make you happy. It's your choice to be happy. The good life is intertwined with happiness. And therefore you must sit down and be thankful, and just be happy for things. That is the only way you will experience "the good life". And you must, really must understand that the good life isn't about being happy at all times. It is about experiencing, failing and then learning from it. True story. And no, I haven't yet watched any HIMYM!

Edit: I take back what I said about spring. It's snowing outside.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar