tirsdag 3. april 2012

pittacus lore

"John Smith is not your average teenager. He regularly moves from small town to small town. He changes his name and identity. He does not pull down roots. He cannot tell anyone who or what he really is. If he stops moving those who hunt him will find and kill him. But you can't run for ever. So when he stops in Paradise, Ohio, John decides to try and settle down. To fit in. And for the first time he makes some real friends. People he cares about - and who care about him. Never in John's short life has there been space for friendship, or even love. But it's just a matter of time before John's secret is revealed. He was once one of nine. Three of them have been killed. John is Number Four. He knows that he is next ..."

It took me less than six hours to read this book. And I will admit that I found it slightly disappointing. Usually a movie is worse than the book. I found that the book was just as exciting as the movie, maybe a little less. But that didn't stop me from reading the sequel. That's a whole different story. I was so frightened during reading The Power of Six, that I occasionally had to stop reading in order to watch something that cheered me up. And I will admit that I'm hooked now. It might have been something to do with the abrupt ending. I was counting the chapters left as I was reading, a little saddened for less chapters to read. But I'm also sure that it had something to do with the increased action scenes. And shocking things were revealed - things that totally caught me off guard. Plus it was written in two perspectives. It doesn't get much more exciting than that. You know when you're reading something and then the climax is just about to come, and you know it. Then the author shifts over to the other main person, and you just have to keep reading in order to find out what happens to the other. The next book doesn't come out until August, which leaves me a bit .. well, sad. I can only recommend it. I don't even care if you're not a sci-fi fan, I'm not usually one, but I loved this. I loved it so much, that I'm even a bit frightened now. However, though I think The Power of Six is better than I Am Number Four, I think it's very important to read both. Every little bit of information is important.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar