torsdag 28. juni 2012

the fault in our stars

"Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten."

I suppose I was a bit skeptical upon reading this book, as I've just started reading Inamorata, which I believe is excellently written. Therefore, I was afraid that perhaps The Fault In Our Stars would be poor in comparison. However, they are completely different in themes and genres. Plus, it did really please me. It was not just one of those sobby love stories. It is a novel written by a healthy man, who is married and have a kid. Nothing like the protagonist. So I spent much time wondering why on earth John Green chose Hazel as the protagonist. But mostly, I just wondered how the novel would end. It ended much like An Imperial Affliction - which I've now learned is a made-up book - with an open end. Except The Fault In Our Stars didn't actually stop in the middle of a sentence. John Green, the author, is also a very known Youtuber, which must be one of the reasons why I keep finding quotes from his work on Tumblr. Within twenty pages into the book, I realised that I had read at least three quotes from Tumblr. With very good rhetoric, John Green, managed to keep me busy reading. The novel is both funny and sad - which is just my type of thing. One second I was crying soft tears, the next I was laughing. Plus I find it slightly philosophical, which I also do enjoy. I would actually recommend everyone to read it. It is a novel that I find quite universal. And next, I might start reading Looking For Alaska by John Green as well. I've seen quite a few quotes from that novel too.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar