tirsdag 12. juni 2012

snow white and the huntsman


On Sunday afternoon I was planning to go watch Snow White and The Huntsman at the movies. The last minute, we decided to go with the Avengers instead, due to mixed reviews of Snow White and The Huntsman. And I was not in the mood to watch a bad movie. However, after watching the Avengers, I still wanted to watch this movie. So finally, I managed to drag my sister to the movies today. When watching the Avengers, I had quite high expectations, because I had only heard good things about it. Sadly, I was slightly disappointed. Because of the experience with the Avengers, I decided to have low expectations to this movie. But I don't think I really managed to control my expectations - I was still really looking forward for the movie.

One of the biggest critics to this movie (that I've read several times) was the casting of Kristen Stewart as Snow White. And I do get it, her stammering and awkward body language can sometimes be annoying. However, I do believe she did quite a good job, with one exception (spoiler alert - do not read!): when her and "William" kissed. I found it very familiar to the "Bella and Edward" awkward kisses. And it did ruin quite a bit. The rest of the movie, I think she looked absolutely beautiful. Even with dirt and mud all over. And I didn't notice too much stammering at all.

Charlize Theron did a good job as the evil queen. I had expected nothing less of her. And she did look fierce. Not only did she look fierce, but also acted fierce. I have nothing else to say about her, except that I admire her beauty. Chris Hemsworth was perhaps my favorite character. Because who doesn't love complicated men? A huntsman who acts like a douche bag, but who really is quite sweet. I much more prefer him with dirt in his face and hair like the Huntsman, rather than Thor.

The filming and the locations were absolutely mind-blowing. It was probably the best part about the movie. Like Snow White wandering breathless, watching the nature blossom for the first time in years - I was watching the movie absolutely breathless. Everything was amazing. Even the dark forest. I don't know what was real though. Technology is so good these days, you don't know what's green screen (except for creatures). But it all looked very real to me.

Summary: If you hate Kristen Stewart, this is probably not the right movie for you. But if you are a fan of fantasy and fairytales, and are willing to ignore Kristen Stewart, you should watch it. I can promise breathtaking nature. I quite loved it, and I'd watch it again. But that's very biased. I know for a fact that there are plenty who would hate it.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar