lørdag 23. februar 2013

one way or another, I'm gonna find ya


I wasn't prepared to cry today. But then this happens, and that kid with malaria. I- that was just heartbreaking. I do sort of hate watching videos like these, because they start a chain reaction in my head. Like, all of a sudden I'm not only hit with the image of kids needing medication. But kids starving. Kids living during wars. Kids being slaves. Everything, really. And I tend to have a minor break down. So yeah, that's why I mostly don't ever watch the news either. I'm just easily upset. If you're quite cynical, you'd probably say something along: "the people who made this video are playing on all your emotions, hence the tears". And somebody will say "they shouldn't be filming One Direction. They should be focusing on the children". And yeah, I might agree a bit. Because this should be about the children really. But when they're making a short video like this, it needs to make an impact. And then you've got Harry literally sobbing, which I guess it's easier to get people to pick up their phones. And it's not necessarily because all One Direction fans will go like: "oh wow, Harry is crying. That means this must be important". It's more of a subconscious thing - you reflect the feelings of other people. It's something you learn as a kid. You don't get born and just automatically learn to be sad when somebody dies. You learn from the environment, from the people around you - their reactions. And seeing Harry's reaction, you'll often reflect the same sorrow he shows. Oh wow, what is this a lecture? I'm just saying there's often a reason behind things. But yeah. If you've not purchased the One Way Or Another song, you should. Or actually, just donate to something.

Edit: Great. Now I'm just crying for reasons unknown. And I'm just watching random Youtube videos.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar