lørdag 17. februar 2024

Same old tired, lonely place. Walls of insincerity, shifting eyes and vacancy

Recently I fell into a Reddit-hole. I've been aware of Reddit from the many Google-searches that has led me to a Reddit-thread, but I recently downloaded the app. It's kind of fascinating, because there's so many topics and discussions in different threads. I read about different attachment-styles at midnight, and it's sort of uncomfortable recognising your own patterns whilst reading about theories within psychology. I suppose it forces you to become aware of own faults and flaws - and you get to decide whether you want to ignore them, or do something about them. Although it can be uncomfortable, it's also really nice to learn about these things. It's when you finally find words for something you've been trying to articulate for a long time. Anyway, I'm now quite interested in learning more about attachment-styles. I always think there's room for improvement, and I would certainly be interested in becoming a better person. I've got a long list of books I'd like to read this year, so I think it might be a while until I'll find some time to read a book about attachment-styles. For now I'm still trying to get through "Ultra-Processed People". It sounds like I think it's a bore as I've been trying to get into the book since the start of the year. In all honesty, it's just so much easier to turn to fan fiction for entertainment. I do actually think Ultra-Processed People is really interesting, and I'm only onto the introduction of the book. There's also my knitting-project, which I've been neglecting. So there's a few goals for this year that I haven't gotten a great start at. But I reckon that's just life. The new work shoes are great; I do get happy each time I look down at my feet and get a glimpse of the colours. It's the small things in life, I guess. One of the things I was planning on buying this month, is a new exercise-outfit. It's not that I need it, it's more that I want it. I've tried Aim'n once before, but back then I thought I'd gotten a size too small. This time around I ordered the same set in two different sizes. I collected the package yesterday, despite the miserable weather. It was raining all day, making the snow all slushy. Despite the many dams of water that had collected, I managed to get away mostly dry on my feet. I was dead-set on a pair of grey tights and sports-bra from Aim'n. I suppose I thought they looked really sleek. To be fair, when does something not look sleek on a model? I tried it on and was quite disappointed with the colour. It just seemed so dull, and it's like the whole work-shoes saga all over again. I order the neutral thing, only to realise that I actually want some colour. At least I figured out my sizing. Now I've just got to return the package and order the set in the green colour I've been eyeing. I slept for as long as I wanted today, didn't get out of bed before noon. The sun was gorgeous today, and it always motivates me. The day has been spent doing meal prep. I've still got a meal left to make, but I figured I'd want to eat it this evening. And it didn't make sense to make it earlier, let it become cool, and then heat it up again tonight. For now I'm going to do a bit of knitting. I would love to feel like I've made some progress on the knitting-project, as it is a time-sensitive project. Mind you, any knitter would be able to finish it within the time-schedule I've got. However, as I tend to only knit when I'm in the mood for it, it's going to take awhile. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar