tirsdag 13. september 2011

just when I had you off my head





Today we compared two wedding speeches in school. One filled with cliches, and another with none. And everyone was yelling "That's such a cliche! It's all just bullshit". Our teacher asked everyone who'd rather liked to be serenaded with cliches to raise their hands. I was one of perhaps four girls? I'd rather pick a wedding speech filled with cliches trying to describe love, than a speech where you don't use any cliches at all. This is probably where I should write: Call me a romantic ... but, honestly - is it really that terrible to use symbols to describe you beloved? I do however understand why my classmates reacted as they did, as probably every sentence in that speech contained a cliche. But I just think it's sad that I can't live in a "Pride and Prejudice" life (language, and the romance .. not the women's part in society). You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on".

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar