lørdag 3. september 2011

thought I could fly, so why did I drown


His lingering scent dawned on her, as she smelled his shirt. She closed her eyes. His smile was breathtaking. His charcoal brown eyes watched her as she danced around in the garden. As she finished her dance, he walked towards her. “You need to work a bit on those pirouettes!” he laughed. She smiled at his alluring laughter. She wouldn't replace him for anything. “Now, I must ask why you are being so quiet,” he said. “I was just thinking ..”. She noticed him quickly look down. He cautiously placed her hands in his. He looked up – his eyes shot straight at hers, and left her feeling dizzy. As if he could stir her with the simplest thing, as eye contact. It was a little moment, but it felt like as if they had been standing there forever – in the garden, holding hands .. sharing eye contact. “What is this? Why are we in the garden?” she uttered confused. “If you were able to fulfil one wish, what would it be?” he asked. Confused by the theme-change, she let go of his hands. “I .. I don't know (pause). I have everything I'd ever wish for”. “What if I didn't exist? What if I'd die .. would you wish me to appear?” he asked sounding astray. His appearance suddenly turned dark. “Don't say that .. you'll never die. And surely, you must know, that if that was to be true – I would use my wish to make you reappear,” she said, suddenly whimpering. “Love, I think you already did. You made me reappear,” he said, as he kissed her tears away. “I don't know what you're saying. You aren't making any sense. I haven't made you reappear,” she whispered. His face was so close, and she wanted to kiss him. But something was holding her back. “You can't keep on like this forever, you know. It's not good for you, nor anyone else,” he whispered in her ear. His voice gently perished. An abrupt sound woke her up. Her sight was blocked by the many tears she had shed. Holding his shirt to her face, she sniffed his scent one last time. Slowly, she stood up, and put his shirt in the box.


Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar