søndag 8. januar 2012

enthusiasm is followed by disappointment and even depression, and then by renewed enthusiasm.




A few wise words about disappointment from Murray Gell-Mann, the Nobel prize winner in physics (1969). Dario Cologna once again won Tour de Ski. Hellner managed to fly past Northug, and took the second place. Northug took the third place. I'll admit that I'm a bit disappointed. I had a tiny inch of hope for Northug to win, though it sounds ridiculous in my mind now. However, I'm glad that I feel disappointed. I usually try to avoid getting my hopes up for something, because I spite disappointment. And this is not a good quality, you'll learn nothing good from it. But I'm happy with the outcome of Tour de Ski. Northug, Cologna and Hellner are my top favorites. And I'm especially happy for Hellner, as he will be the first Swedish in top 3 in Tour de Ski. Congratulations to everyone, and better luck next time for both Northug and Bjoergen!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar