søndag 15. januar 2012

blue valentine


Most people prefer watching movies with a happy ending, as I do. And for that reason, I must honestly say that I did not like Blue Valentine. "The film centers on a contemporary married couple, charting their evolution over a span of years by cross-cutting between time periods" («Blue Valentine (2010) - IMDb», undated, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1120985/.) It's got nothing with the movie itself to do. I've just learned to hate this kind of movie, and I did originally not want to see it. However, the charming thought of Mr Gosling persuaded me. And hands down, it is a good film. The film portraits many issues in our society today. It's the truth - and therefore I believe it's excellent. But that is also the reason why I did not enjoy it. I immediately had a urge to analyse the protagonists, and I kept thinking "oh my gosh, she's going to be hit by a car". Already from the start, it is easy to understand that the film has a glum tone to it. I watch movies and read books only to get away from the real world for a moment. I guess you can say that I'm avoiding the real world, and I'm not even going to deny it. I've got nothing to say about the acting though, I think that part definitely was phenomenal.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar