onsdag 25. januar 2012

palm oil

Since I've turned older, I started thinking about what I'm eating. The younger version of me would be so gutted right now. I just finished reading an article about palm oil, and turns out it's quite dangerous. According to Wikipedia (not the most reliable source .. ), palm oil is an "edible plant oil derived from the fruits of palm trees. [...]". It contains a high amount of saturated fat, which increases both LDL and HDL cholesterol. HERE is the article in norwegian. The best part, is that you can check out which foods contain a dangerous, or alarming amount of palm oil. It turns out I've got to stop eating quite a few things. Haha, I feel like going on some grocery shopping now. Is it weird that I'd like to go the the US, only to do some grocery shopping?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar