onsdag 29. august 2018

Don't let me crawl to you, 'cause I'm not that kind of girl. I will not degrade myself even if it means that we are not a we

Goodness gracious me, this day has not gone to plan. As I'm waiting for my application to be approved, I've decided to start reading curriculum for my master thesis, as I didn't have time for it this summer. I say time, but then again, I did read five books on my hols. But that was my holiday, and it's not a proper holiday if you bring your work with you. At least it isn't for me. Instead of reading, however, I spent two hours doing light exercise to dull my pain from my period that arrived today. I avoid pain killers, simply because I find them so bloody hard to swallow, so my pain relief comes in sweat and making other body parts hurt. My body seems to easily forget pain (and temperature), and each period seems to be painful anew. I do sometimes have more painful periods than other times (oh what a joy), and this was definitely one of those more painful times. There was no question about me trying to sit down and read curriculum when the pain was at it's worst. However, as always, the pain gets duller after a while. I've had loads of hours to start reading, but the furthest I've read, is the preface, which always makes me tear up. And yes, I've read the preface multiple times. Instead of reading curriculum, I've been reading fan fiction and watching Youtube-videos. I am a bit peeved with myself, but I keep telling myself I'll start properly next week. But that doesn't help much, when it's what I kept telling myself last week too. Kiwi and I have been planning our trip to London, so I've been sifting through a lot of awful hotels. There's so many outdated hotels in that city. To be fair, I've probably got quite high standards. Dunno about you, but my choice of living arrangements is always a part of the actual trip. I could actually go away and stay in an interesting place, and that would be more than an adequate adventure for me. Mid-watching Youtube-videos, I figured I'd start transferring pictures from old photo albums to my new one. My oldest photo album has been broken for awhile, also it's easier to store the photo albums when they're exactly the same. It does mean I have to purchase a new photo album tomorrow, as I didn't have enough space for all of the photos in one album. As I've got quite a few pictures, I decided that whenever I evoke new pictures, they have to be ones I actually find important. I can't tell you how many pictures I take each year (though that has probably been reduced since I was a teenager, and more into photography), but I'd probably be able to build a house with the amounts of photo albums I'd need. That being said, it's been really nice looking through the pictures I transferred this evening. Some of the pictures are more than a decade old, which only made me more aware of my own age. I imagined myself pointing out pictures of Lynx to my oldest nephew, and being able to tell him that he wasn't born back then, and that he'd be in awe to think that his mum had a life prior to his. I'm just about ready for bed, and tomorrow awaits another 8 am alarm for me. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar