søndag 26. august 2018

I thought you really felt this when we were talking about breakfast. You made it seem like we connected

I did a little clear out of my wardrobe as I was partly switching out my summer-wear to more autumnal clothing. That being said, I think I was a bit on the cautious side, and kept things that I am fairly certain I won't wear. But then I've slowly been removing those items as well. After a long and warm summer, it's been kinda hard to figure out what to wear in this transitional weather. Especially since I've been to Spain for a week as well. On my little shopping trip yesterday I wore my cropped straight leg white jeans with my beloved birks and a warm jumper. I haven't really been able to wear jeans because of the extreme heat, so it's finally a joy to crack out the white jeans. It did get a bit warm with the jumper on my way home as the weather had improved, plus I was carrying multiple bags. However, I thought I'd nailed the perfect outfit to keep me chilled and warm at the same time. Normally I would avoid the shopping mall on a Saturday, but I was in need of picking up a package and buy some bread. So I figured I'd just get things done in one go. I tried on three trousers, as I didn't find the ones I actually wanted in-store. To my surprise they all fit perfectly, and I went home with one of the pairs. But I did try them on at home, and I realised that the slight flair at the bottom is just a tad bit outside my comfort zone. And after decluttering my closet, I've come to realise that if I don't feel confident in a piece of clothing, I am less likely to reach for it. So I'm going to have to do a return, and just order the ones I actually want and already love online. After the decluttering, I actually went so far as making a pinterest board with inspiration for autumn-wear. Figured I'd try to be really conscious about my buys, and only getting things I actually want. Clearly that didn't help me as I bought the pair of trousers I have to return, and because of the next example: I bought a pair of new sneakers. My birks has made me realise my love for neutral colours, which incidentally also seems to be trendy this autumn, only more brown-y tones. So I went out with that mind-set and my pinterest board, to find the perfect sneakers. However, once I'd been in several shoe stores and not found one pair of interest, I finally found a pair. They're these pair of Nike Blazers, and I think they are lovely. They also went really well with my outfit I was wearing. However, I did kind of want more of a sandy colour, and I might have picked up the wrong size as well. I've now found the perfect colour online, and a more suited finish than white leather for me. So you know, the shoes are also going in return. Although most of my fashion picks yesterday were failed, they weren't at all far from what I actually wanted. But I've got to relearn the ability of waiting to find the perfect match, rather than going for something below. I do think I am slightly better at waiting to find my perfect wool coats, and now I think I've found my new black wool coat. Sadly it's sold out online, so I'm hoping that it'll get restocked, or that I'll find it in store. The only problem is that it seems like all Mango stores have disappeared from the country, and I've got to go abroad to find a store. After my shopping trip, I did a bit of a change of the outfit, and then I went to meet Gemma and her younger brother. As I was waiting for them to show, I got approached twice by some Chinese girls. Both spoke mandarin, and I told them I didn't speak Chinese. I actually got a bit worried that I wouldn't recognise Gemma, as the last time I saw her was back in november '16 and we were all a bit pissed. But I did obviously recognise her, and we had a wave and a hug. We had dinner at a place I've never been before, but I was really impressed. As was Gemma and her brother, and I was happy that they enjoyed their meal. I tried my best to speak in a language that I rarely speak, and although I didn't always remember the words, Gemma is very good at guessing or just understanding what I mean anyway. We did a bit of a catch-up, reminiscing about the Indochina-trip and talking about the future. After our desserts, we went on a little walk, and I brought the siblings around the city centre for a little sight seeing, though Gemma is adamant she's seen all of Oslo before. After a while, Gemma was ready to go home, as she'd only slept about three hours and felt a bit hungover. Hugged both of the siblings, and sent them on their way home, and then I went home myself. Today I've done my usual cleaning, and then some deeper cleaning. I did a declutter of some old documents I've held onto. Then I also changed out my bedside table for the table I bought at IKEA the other week. It looks slightly weird as my bedding is the perfect colour match, but my bedside light is pink. It doesn't really go with my theme, but it's an ongoing process. I really have to start on school work, but I've been waiting on a reply regarding my application to start my project. Just checked it, and I got a reply today-- on a Sunday! I don't have high hopes for me to start working on it tomorrow, but I really should. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar