lørdag 26. september 2020

for three years we were living together, held me like you'd hold me forever

Oh, the dining room envy. I've been browsing dining room chairs for an hour or two, just because I love chairs. Also, just realised the importance of a dining area. It's where you host dinners for others, but also a place to gather and talk. And for the Norwegian culture, it might be the only place the whole family gathers together during a day. Even that is something that I think happens less and less. Anyway, this isn't an essay on the traditional family and how we are increasingly living separate lives together. I'm very much in love with wood chairs. Wood-anything for that matter. On my wish list of things to buy is actually a wooden sofa. Obviously the practical me realises that I ought to opt for comfort. But still, it looks so bloody nice. My plans with Sugar fell through yesterday, but it left me with time to run a few errands. I actually returned the jacket I bought last week. I've tried it on several times with different outfits, and I found that there were something with the arms of the jacket that always made me hesitate to wear it. That's a no for me, because that means I'll always prefer another jacket. So I'm glad that I returned the jacket. I did however order two pairs of shoes that I hope will become my new work shoes. I have tried several physical stores, but I haven't found a pair of sneakers up my street. Whilst eating my breakfast yesterday, I discovered a few recipes I'd like to try. One of them was a ceviche, which ended up becoming slightly too sour for my tastes. Marinating the salmon in lemon and lime made for a bit too much acidity to my tastes. However, food is food, and I am loathe to waste it. I wore my blazer out for the first time yesterday, just to nip to the shops. I've not worn it until now, mostly because it instantly makes every outfit more smart. I'm more of a casual gal, so it makes me slightly discomfited to feel as if I've dressed up on a day to day basis. To be honest, even in formal situations, I'll always be in the most casual dress I can get away with. I've finished the Harry Potter fan fiction I was reading. It's not actually finished, but a writing in progress. That is if the author hasn't decided to abandon their work. I'm kind of glad it's done for now, because I can't imagine where the plot will go from now. Maybe that's why it's taken the author so long to update. I slept in today, and woke up surprisingly late. Watched Enola Holmes, which was okay. Been dreaming about stickers and painting walls. I think the creative part of me wants out. It's good then, that I've got so "much" time off. It always seems like a luxury to have more than two consecutive days off. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar