lørdag 11. januar 2014

It's hard, the days just seem so dark. The moon, the stars, are nothing without you. Your touch, your skin, where do I begin?

Two blogposts? I did say I was trying to be productive today. Anyway, I did a bit of cleaning yesterday, also in my purse that I call my "travel purse". I keep it hanging in my closet with all the essentials I can think of. It's for the days I've got no time to pack things and have to run out of the house. That means I'll only have to worry about catching the bus. Everyone's different, and therefore people have different essentials, but I figured I'd share some of mine. I always keep these things with me in case I sleep over at someone's-- like, for example. Sometimes I go to Oysters, like yesterday. And I never make up my mind whether I'm sleeping over or not, before I'm actually there. So I need to bring a few things to sleep over anyway. Clothes are unimportant, don't need them. That's what I say, anyway. Ok, so here's the contents of my purse:

1. A cloth for washing my face. I always use a cloth to wash my face every night and morning.
2. Simple make up remover wipes. Normally I'll use a liquid make up remover, but wipes are better for travelling with. At least it's the current make up remover I keep in my purse. Also, Simple wipes are the best. That is obviously my own subjective opinion, but it is good with sensitive skin.
3. A hand cream. It's always nice to keep your hands moisturised, isn't it? I keep my coconut scented hand cream, which I got from Sugar this Christmas. Along with the Face & Body one, it's my favourite hand cream (thus far in my life, that is).
4. A few packs of tea. I do always enjoy a bit of tea, and why not bring a bit with you everywhere? I brought quite a few to Bergen when Marble and I went to visit Ale. And it was plenty handy to remember that I had tea in my handbag after a night out on the town.
5. A sanitary pad and a tampon. The great thing about being a women is that you have something called a menstruation cycle, where the body basically makes something (oocytes and follicles) in preparation to be fertilised. When it realises that "hey, I'm not being fertilised" after a certain amount of time, it deteriorates, and basically dies. And then it basically turns into blood. And that's where a sanitary pad an/or a tampon can be used. Is this TMI? Ha, this is great fun to me.
6. Paracetamol. Because you never know when you're going to have a head ache or something that'll need paracetamol. Or when friends need some.
7. A travel tooth brush. Always important if you're sleeping over at someone's. Dental hygiene is important, folks. You only get two pairs of teeth. Take care of them.
8. Face moisturiser. I'm at the age where I think it's important to take care of my skin, as I'll have to live with it to the day I die. Got it from Oyster yesterday, so it's a nice addition to my "travel purse".
9. A little perfume sample. Great for travelling, actually. I would like to get myself one of those containers you can keep perfume in. But as of now, I've got perfume samples to keep in my purse.
10. Chap stick. This is one of my top essentials, actually. Have to have a chap stick wherever I go, because I hate chapped lips.
11. A reflector is very important during winter times, because have you ever driven during the darkness? And there will be people walking around in dark clothes without reflectors? It's bloody dangerous, is what it is. Safety comes first!
12. Sunglasses. Protecting your eyes are always important. And I've found that sunglasses have been one of the most used things from my "travel purse". Like yesterday, I could have liked to have a pair of sunglasses yesterday, but I didn't. So instead I had to squint against the sun.
13. My trusty camera. I like to always bring my camera with me. I don't always, but I always do regret not bringing my camera with me on days like those. Cause there's always something I'd like to capture, even if it's only a tree. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar