mandag 7. oktober 2019

You'd be coming home to me, sleeping where you shouldn't be. Still, I can't tell you to leave

The longer you wait, the harder it gets. I've listened to people tell me about significant life news so many times, especially sad ones. That's what you get for being a nurse, I suppose. I never quite know what to say, because everyone is different. But often I think in those times the best thing to do is just to listen, to be there. And that's great when it's in real life, when you're standing across the person and you can put your hand on their shoulder. When it's electronic messages, though, silence doesn't work. Silence is basically the same as no communication. I didn't know what to say, other than what I already had said. And the longer I waited, the harder it got to write something. I spend so much time of my life having a bad conscience for something, you'd think I was a catholic. It's been a week since I got home from visiting my oldest sister, and I've simultaneously felt like I had loads of things waiting for me to do, and like I had absolutely nothing on my agenda. It's strange going from a busy schedule to almost no schedule. Volla and my youngest niece is coming for a visit in two days, so I could've probably have vacuumed and put up the travel cot already. I've got twenty days until I need to defend my thesis, which is a lot less days than I expected. Also, Oyster and I have travel wishes, but no plans yet. I could have easily have spent the last week preparing for some of these things, but I've basically spent most of my time watching videos of Timothée Chalamet doing interviews. I think a video just popped up on my recommended on Youtube, and from thereon, I just spiralled into a world of Timothée. It's not like I haven't been intrigued by Call Me By Your Name, but after watching tons of promo, I'm probably more intrigued by the friendship of Timothée and Armie than the actual movie. Some day I might watch CMBYN, and I'm sure I'll be floored. But for now, the movie with Timothée I would watch is Little Women. That's probably a lot due to Saiorse Ronan, as I seem to harbour a love for her acting. Sadly it's not out until months. But I really want to watch loads of movies. Just once I'm done defending my thesis, maybe. Speaking of my thesis; I have done a bit of brainstorming. But I sent my supervisor an e-mail today, which I probably should have done days ago. I kind of think I know what to do now, and I'm going to follow the advice from my supervisor. Mostly I just want to get it over with, because I can definitely feel my nerves starting to build. From what I've understood, defending a thesis involves a lot of waiting around. And I don't know about you, but whenever I've had to have a presentation, waiting was horrible. It just made my nerves worse. Gonna try to put my newfound obsession with Timothée Chalamet on hold, whilst I try to make a presentation. And then preparing for the upcoming visit, will probably have to be done tomorrow. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar