tirsdag 1. mai 2012

you are my sunshine

Against all logic and all my very good arguments yesterday, I went to Tryvann. I do not regret it though, it's just always fun. Today I woke up at my friend really really early. I went out to the living room to check the time. And it turns out it was only 5:20, so I headed for bed again. Next time I woke up, I saw the sunshine, and said "yay, summer". The final time I woke up, I went to brush my teeth. We ate our breakfast out on the porch in the sunny weather, and chatted about yesterday and whatnot. After finishing breakfast I rushed to the train station. It was so hot, and I wore a fleece sweater. When I finally sat down in a seat by the window with few people around me, I decided to change clothing. Don't quite know what went through my head, but I changed, hoping no one would step through the door and see me in my bra. And luckily no one did. When walking home from the train station, there were a "russe"-van driving past me, and they totally cheered when they saw me, also another russ. I "waved" at them and exchanged smiles. When it drove past, I had a little giggle to myself. A man across the street with his dog was smiling at me because of the "wave" I did. And I had to think to myself: in this country where individualism is the main thing, it's nice to be apart of collectivism when being a "russ". Anyways, I managed to get home and did some studying before I headed out in the sun and got a little tan whilst studying. The weather today has been fabulous, and I can only hope it will be the same tomorrow. Still, there are the worries in the back of my mind waiting for me. On Friday I have two hearing sessions. I can't wait for next Friday. I'll be done with three hearing sessions and one presentation. And then it'll be Tryvann again, and my siblings are visiting. Happy may 1st!

PS: In between all the updates about "russe"-stuff on Facebook, I saw one update saying "RIP Alexander Dale Oen". I immediately searched his name, and it turns out it was true. I'm so shocked. And terrible saddened by the news. Not because he was one of the hopes for the Olympics in London. But because it happened so suddenly, and because he's just reached the top a few years ago. He would still have had such a long carrier in front of him. And last but not least, his family. It's my worst fear. To lose one of my closest.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar