torsdag 16. februar 2017

how should I walk this earth, so much worse the further, the further you go

Someone is pounding at the door, and I've just finished my work-out. My head supplies me with the information that it's Friday, and my mind jumps and makes the leap that the person is my brother. I drag on my long sweatshirt, which covers my bum. But I'm also wearing my "yoga shorts" which can have a tendency to look like longer hot pants. Without really looking out of the door, I just spot someone walking away, and I think "oh no, brother of mine, I will open the door now". Instead of my brother, it's two guys, and I'm kind of hiding behind the door in a outfit that seems questionable. Oh well. Here's a little recap from my little trip: the smallest nephew is poking at my zits, saying "auch". Indeed, although they seem to have dried a bit, become smaller. Ever since I heard Go Solo by Tom Rosenthal, it's been a travel song for me. I jogged down the mountain to the song, and it always hits me when he sings "I'm making my way home". It just always feel like the song and my life in that moment is meant to be. The smallest nephew has basically been sick the entire time of my visit. It always makes him really clingy to his parents, and this time around, I have been a scary person according to him. Oh well, it does mean I didn't have to do much of "awake" babysitting for him. I only walked up the mountain once, which was mostly because it was cold. It's usually warmer there, and I think in my mind it was supposed to already be spring there. When I reached the top, my nose and eyes were running. The dog was practically yelling "get me away from this bloody wind" with his body language. So I snapped a few pictures of the gorgeous views, before retreating. I was lucky with the weather, so it looked exceptional. I've played Lego's multiple times, and one of my characters kept screeching "watermeloooon!". The oldest nephew literally fell over in giggles. Grepper gave me real-talk about saving my money. Lynx and I spent a few hours running around at the mall finding various things for Volla's hen party. I also spent a fortune on snacks, which mostly went untouched (we all ate us full on food). Monchita kind of ruined a bit of the surprise, although I'm sure Volla had already started realising things on her plane ride. We practically did an ab work-out considering how much we laughed. I had a few glasses of wine and beer, so I nearly peed myself. It was really good, and just really nice. Despite being in the company of people who are a decade older than me, and are in completely different stages of life, I enjoyed myself. Lynx quickly chopped my hair-- so quick, I kind of forgot how my "longer" hair used to look like. Almost as if this shorter length is all I've ever had. Monchita, Volla and I sat on the bus in silence. Some of us were nodding off, tired after little sleep due to hen-party and early-rising nephews. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar