mandag 27. februar 2017

I wish I had a better plan, but so it seems that I don't what the world wants me to do

After being in a dark room for more than two hours, being immersed into a plot delivered on a screen-- it's not so unusual to feel a bit like Bambi once you stand up. But it's not only the physical part, it also psychological. "La La Land" left me feeling young, filled with hope for the first time in a long while. I've quoted a One Tree Hill scene multiple times on this blog, and I intend to reuse it. "When people get weepy at movies it’s because in that dark theatre the golden pool of magic is touched, just briefly [...]" -Mark Schwahn (One Tree Hill: 8x22 This is my house, This is my home). I'm not in love with the movie, it's not even in my favourites. However, I can admit to being sucked into the acting, feeling the emotions the actors were acting. It felt very real, something everyone can relate to. I felt a lightness in my steps, something alike walking on clouds. I basically managed to drag Ale and Marble with me to that great burger place (Ale said it was the second best burger she's ever had) and then to the cinema. It seems like Friday evening was a hit. Saturday morning we talked on the phone, planning our day. We ended up deciding on cross country skiing (funnily enough, the last time I went skiing is almost exactly a year ago with Marble), but also going out later in the evening. By the time we ended the call, it was 10.30 am. I spent two and a half hours running around finding gear for all of the occasions (skiing, loungewear, clothes for going out, clothes for the next day), packing, eating breakfast, getting ready and getting to Marble. The trek in itself was kinda exhausting with the big travel rucksack. I actually brought with me the one I did the backpacking with. That's how much stuff I brought with me to Marble's. I spent maybe an hour at the house with the girls, before we were ready to get on the bus and off to skiing. We ended up stopping at the first destination, where we stopped for some refill for energy (I had a sugary pastry, which almost sent me into what felt like a sugar-shock). In all, we ended up doing a 9km skiing trip. I was more than happy with that, seeing as it wasn't the last taxing activity we had planned for that day. We stopped by the grocery store, the girls bought a bunch of beer which they stuffed in the small rucksack I'd brought with me. A man walked by, commented something about a party at the mountain. I was very hungry by the time we got back to the house. We took turns in showering and cooking. We watched cross country skiing whilst eating, which is something I haven't done in a long time. I just think I don't have a certain person I'm cheering for, and for that reason, I can't be bothered to watch anymore. I'd rather do something else. I started getting ready for going out-- the music was playing on the loudspeaker. And the girls were both napping in their beds. I had a thought, looking at myself in the mirror whilst doing my makeup: "what if we don't end up going out, and then I'm doing my make-up". If I can avoid it, I avoid wearing make-up. Anywho, the girls got up, and whilst they were getting ready, I sat down in the sofa with a game of Mahjong. We ended up going out to the place Sugar celebrated her birthday last year. That time we spent all of our time in the basement. This time we mostly stayed upstairs, due to the music. It was the same kind of music upstairs as it was downstairs the last time we went. And what I always remember best about this certain place, is the great music. Funnily enough, it was the same DJ. We sang along to most of the songs, which is a sign it's great music, and we practically danced all night. It was all great fun. For the first time in years, I actually felt hungry before arriving at home, so we all stopped for a late night snack. I fell asleep around 5.30 am, woke up at 10.30 am. Once everyone was awake, we went downstairs to get breakfast. Watched cross country skiing, of course. Once breakfast was inhaled, Marble started on the dough for the pastries we were making. Admittedly the only thing I helped with was coating the buns with egg. We ate them whilst watching "Easy-A". I practically had cream from the buns everywhere. By the time the movie was done, it was getting late. Ale and I headed out the door. Ale was visiting someone, and I was going home. We said our farewells on the bus, until next time, which might actually be pretty soon seeing as I'm thinking of visiting the youngest sibling. I tried going to bed early, but it wasn't early enough, because I felt pretty dead on my feet this morning. And that was a not a good basis for a hectic day at work. You know it's bad when one of the most stressed co-worker is asking if you need help. All in all it's been a great weekend, even though it feels like it's flown away, and I'm knackered. It was good seeing Ale, and hanging out with both of the girls. I decided to add an old picture of us on a mountain, because when we get together, we do have a tendency to be active. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar