søndag 19. januar 2020

I built your walls around me. White noise, what an awful sound

Oh my god. I spent six hours or something binge watching Sex Education season two on Friday. Only took toilet breaks and breaks for food of course. I definitely do not recommend doing it, as I was so full on stimuli and emotions, that I spent the rest of my hours of that evening listening to sad music. I drew strange pictures, wrote sad poetry and felt a bit like crying. Deffo had a hard time trying to fall asleep at midnight as well. And I feel like I've spent this weekend trying to recover. I think I unintentionally fell in love with a new tv-show, which I did not want to do. It's not that I even think the show is in my top five even. I kind of wish the plots and dialogue were slightly more realistic, cause that's more up my street. That being said, I also think that Sex Education is great as it is. Maybe implementing more realistic dialogue would even make the show worse. I figured out that the whole confusion about where and when it's supposed to take place, is because Moordale is apparently an alternative universe, where there's a natural mix between US and UK culture. I don't think that's something I would have gotten without hearing it in one of the interviews. What I think I enjoy so much about the show, is the different characters. Almost none are just characters that support a certain plot. For example you might have a love story, and then there's a love triangle where the third person is the outsider and is painted in a bad light. The story ends up with the "right" people getting together, and we never see the outsider again, because that person was only used to make a story. In Sex Education, I've found that even if there's a love triangle, each character still has their own plot. And that's quite refreshing. I wonder how long they'll be able to keep that up, especially as they've been gradually introducing new characters to the show. I also just really enjoy all of the storylines, the plot. A lot of things happened in season two, some of which made me really happy. Examples are the many unexpected friendships. And then there's a lot of shitty things that happen. I didn't cry properly, but there's a scene where they chose to play Mystery of Love by Sufjan Stevens in the background. And it definitely got to me. Sometimes I wonder whether the writer writes a scene around a song, or whether they just simply find a song that fits perfectly with the scene. I'm looking forward to the next season, and I hope it doesn't disappoint. Only thing is that there's most likely another year of waiting. Thank goodness I didn't actually fall in love with the show during the first season premiere. Yesterday was spent doing a lot of house chores; doing the dishes, vacuuming downstairs, folding towels, building a tv-console, etc. Sex Education was still very much on my mind, and I've spent a lot of time just scrolling through the Sex Education tag on Tumblr. There's something nice about seeing what other peoples reactions are. Today has been spent on cleaning the upstairs. I've got new and clean bedsheets on the bed. Can't wait to fall asleep tonight, that's for sure. I also did a proper vacuuming of my bedroom, where I also went over all of the spots that aren't always included in my weekly cleaning routine. I've written down my goals and to do list for the upcoming week, and now I'm just mostly chilling. Gonna do a bit more of my knitting whilst maybe rewatching some of the episodes of Sex Education. And then I'm gonna do a bit of exercise. I didn't finish building the tv-console yesterday, so maybe I'll do a bit more of that either this evening or tomorrow. I'm just gonna leave you with a link to an adorable video of a baby chimpanzee giving a kiss to a dog.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar