fredag 30. november 2018

'Long came the devil, caught my eye. She's kind of my type

I'm pretty sure this is the Christmas wrapping paper I was looking for last year? Or maybe it was the year before. I'd seen it in the store once, but didn't get it. And then once I was looking at the alternatives, I decided it was my favourite. But by then it was sold out in all of the stores. At least the stores I was popping by. I'm a bit peeved I only found it now, because I've already wrapped ninety percent of the presents going to my nieces and nephews. It'll be slightly illogical, what with the kids getting the more formal wrapping paper, and the adults getting the more childish paper. That being said, I would've loved to receive a present wrapped in this paper. I mean, don't really know if that's a point, as I might be a quarter to a hundred years, but I feel like a child a lot of the time. On my errand run yesterday, I finished off a few Christmas presents. My mum has decided she wants something that involves doing a diy-project. It'll mean some more effort than just buying whatever, and I can absolutely understand the wish. It's just, I haven't exactly got all that much time. But I'm sure I'll be fine. I'll write it in my planner, got a good opening in two weeks time when she's gone to my sisters already. I'm trying to get things done and not get too stressed. I've penned down getting the Christmas tree up this weekend, but I don't want it to feel like one of the things I need to do. So you know, just trying to be productive but also enjoy life in the moment. I even bought myself some chocolate mousse to enjoy. However, it's one of those you actually have to make yourself. A lot of my acquaintances over the years, have had to hear my complaints about the grocery stores stopping their ready-made chocolate mousse inventory. I just really enjoy chocolate mousse, and think it's one of the most perfect desserts in existence. My plan is to make some before putting up the Christmas tree tomorrow. That way, I can hopefully have some afterwards. My period-app has been very exact the past two months, and it was spot on telling me that yes, they predicted my period would show up today. That being said, it's been collecting data for many months now, and surely it would end up with a few correct predictions. My period has always prided itself by being very irregular, but the past three months have been irregularly regular. I'm not complaining, as I would love for it to be a regular thing. It hasn't quite stabilised itself in amounts of pain, as my last period was almost pain-free, whereas I can definitely feel the discomfort today. It's not too bad, at least not now. But it's definitely not good. Traditionally I don't always feel up for an exercise session on the day I get my period, unless it's one of those really painful ones and exercise is my pain relief. But I'm going to try my best today, even if I've already decided to do a shorter routine. I also did a shorter routine on Wednesday, but it was extremely intense. It was cardio, so I felt a bit like my lungs and throat were burning from the inside. I've finished my transcriptions, even delivered a copy to my supervisor. That was one of my stops on my errand run yesterday, and my school even had a little Christmas market, which was very cosy. It's a bit daunting to look at the pages of transcripts, because a large part of me believes I won't find anything of any worth, which would suck a lot. I've pretty much got two weeks to read it and try to analyse it, before I'm meeting up with my supervisor again. It's in three weeks really, just before Christmas. But as I'm going to London, I'm losing almost a week. I'm not too worried, as I know it'll sort itself out. It's not like it's a proper deadline either, I don't have to be finished with my analyse by then. God, when that time comes around I'm sure I'll be a wreck. I saw this girl sat on the floor with some papers in her hands that she looked like she was trying to memorise. This was on my way to my meeting with my supervisor, and in a moment I felt sucked into my interpretation of what she was going through. In my head she was doing last-minute preparations to an oral exam. It's no use to work oneself up to an oral hearing that'll happen months in the future, but in that moment I could see myself in the same exact position, and it felt awful. Am I really susceptible to others anxiety? It certainly feels like it sometimes. My plan for today was to write on my methodology whilst I can remember the process and then attempt the exercise session. That's all. I don't know, I just feel a bit tired, and after my errands yesterday, I basically did a GBBO-marathon in bed. Season seven of course, as it's my favourite. Breaks are alright, and GBBO is almost therapeutic anyway, with the low-level anxiety, the aim of precision and the bad puns. I've missed a bit of Mel and Sue in my life, also Selasi. Right, I'm getting on with my day now, although can we call it "day" when it's pretty much been dark every hour? 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar