tirsdag 25. juni 2019

Hooked on your tongue. Oh, love, your kiss is deadly

Here's my new bag in all it's glory. It's a bucket bag, though it's not as round as one traditionally is. That's a good thing, as it'll lie more comfortably to my body this way. I did end up with quite a bit of pain yesterday, and had to walk around in the hallway and do varied exercises just to keep the body preoccupied. But in the end I actually took a pain killer! It's the first time in years. Was talking about taking pills with Monchita the other day, and I was telling her about my struggles with swallowing pills. It's nothing obstructive in my throat, and I don't necessarily feel like it's caused by a fright of getting choked. Rather, it's just something psychological that makes me feel like there's no way I can swallow something without chewing it. Anyway, my sister suggested that I'd just smash the painkiller into pieces, as our mum used to do for us when we were younger. So that's what I did yesterday, and it went down like a charm. I was mostly pain free for the rest of the day, and I managed to have a productive afternoon. All in all, yesterday turned out far better than expected. I even managed to put in an order for some photo printing. It's actually been almost a year since I've last done it. Mostly that's because I've used my disposable camera more often, and I'm not as much of an avid photo taker as I used to be nowadays. I've also become more stricter with what kind of pictures I want to print, and normally it's pictures of people, rather than objects and views. I don't often take pictures of people, as most people I know are camera-shy. But I've also even started getting tired of the disposable cameras, and after I've finished my current's film, I'll probably not buy a new disposable camera in awhile. Tried using up as many pictures as possible at Oyster's engagement party, but I've still got about half of the pictures left to use up. I'm sure it won't take long with all my nephews and nieces invading the house next week. Oh dear. It also just happens to be my first week back at work next week, which I can only imagine will be taxing and exhausting. It's always a bit worrying when I've been gone from work for awhile, as there's always some changes. I'm probably gonna head to my workplace this week anyway, just to make sure my accesses are in order. Today I've been jamming to Señorita by Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello, whilst writing. It's such a nice tune, that I'm sure I'll listen to a few too many times and get tired of it pretty soon. That's the hazard of overly catchy-songs. They don't often stay a favourite over longer periods of time. As for my writing, I feel like I've come a bit further. I've been a bit stuck on how to approach the discussion, and trying to write freely but also remember to make sure it's a discussion and not just a train of thoughts. It is honestly quite overwhelming, and I am highly aware that I've run out of time and need to figure out how and when I'll finish this bloody thesis. So yes, next up on my plan is to make a plan. Luckily I explicitly asked for fewer shifts this summer, as I had anticipated the need for postponing the submission of the thesis. (Also just because I don't normally ask for certain amounts of shifts, and then just end up getting a shit load of them and become exhausted by the end of summer). It's my last week of having all my focus on writing for awhile, and I intend to be productive with it. Ah, one day, at last I'll have a holiday and take my first trip of this year! Yes, that's true-- I've not been on a trip involving a plane for about seven months. That's quite strange for me nowadays. But yes, can't wait!   

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar