torsdag 27. juni 2019

to all the ones I ever hurt; always knew it wouldn't work

I love a good summer rain "storm". Looking at the weather yesterday, it definitely seemed to be building up to one, and it didn't disappoint. Sat in front of the open window and felt the wind in my face. The ruckus of the thunder and the screams following the lightning (by the teenagers waiting outside for the bus) made me strangely happy. Obviously I can probably explain it with a scientific argument about positive ions as a result of a thunderstorm, but I also just think it's become a classical conditioning for me. I wonder if a candle that smells like thunder storms exists-- that would be ideal if I enjoyed candles. It's sunny today and I was gonna take the day off and just enjoy the sun. But I also need to do errands tomorrow, which often means I don't get any work on my thesis done. So I'm wondering if I'll just enjoy the sun then. Volla, Mog and my youngest niece is due to arrive on Sunday. I'm also seemingly meeting up with my friends on Sunday (don't you love a group conversation where you ask a question, and you might not get an answer from everyone in a week or more?). Then Lynx and co. are arriving on Monday. Everyone is leaving latest on Friday, I think. Because that's when Monchita is having her travel-buds over for a sleepover before they'll be gone for three weeks. And of course I start work. So it's all a bit stressful with trying to clean, getting everything ready, logistics of figuring out where everyone is supposed to sleep. Maybe this is the cause for all of the zits that have found homes on my face. Nah, but ever since the zit I was complaining about last week, three new have popped up. Or under, I suppose, as two of them are currently underground and probably waiting for their moment to shine. I probably should take the day off and just sit in the sun. I will sit in the sun later, but I'm not free from working on my thesis. It's a slow going process, and I haven't exactly realised just what my more important points are, which has currently made my word count double. Instead of stressing about it, though, I'm just going to carry on and work on the next passage. What I've learned from the whole process, is that I often work a bit in a circle before I find the way out. So I guess I'll just plough through as usual. Still need to make a plan though, because I actually want to be done with this bloody thesis within the next deadline. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar