lørdag 11. august 2012

we are the champions

Nice title on my blogpost or what? I thought it was appropriate considering we indeed did win, plus for some reason this song is always played during handball matches. At least almost always. Tongue-twister, eh? I somehow didn't believe we would win tonight. Probably because I think the Norwegian handball team has been a bit off throughout the Olympic games this year. However, they took me by surprise and won at the end. Well not really by surprise. After the first half, I kind of knew that it would end in favor to the Norwegian team. Well technically I didn't know, but I had a good feeling. The ending was the best part. Not only because of the win, but because of how the Montenegrin team reacted. They started clapping and cheering. And I've never seen a team that happy to have won a silver medal after being scarcely close to a gold medal. But it really did manage to put a smile on my face. Their happiness really rubbed off on everyone. But it wasn't only the Montenegrin team. It was all the medal winners. Everyone was in euphoria. And the tears never seemed to stop. Pure happiness. Congratulations to the Norwegian handball team. And the Montenegrin .. and the Spanish.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar