torsdag 18. oktober 2018

sometimes I feel so insecure and love so distant and obscure

I was going to save the rest of the Bridget Jones movies to the weekend, but yesterday I couldn't wait. And I'm so glad I downloaded all of the movies on my phone. I've not seen Bridget Jones Baby since I saw it in the cinema about two years ago. That time around I was slightly disappointed, for several reasons. I think the main reason is that it wasn't what I'd expected. But now, as I've seen all of the movies with a lot less smaller interval in between them, I have to admit that it might actually be my favourite. And I'm so glad it took them so long for making the third movie. Obviously I love the first movies, and the scene of Bridget Jones singing along to All By Myself will forever be imprinted in my brain. I do also thoroughly enjoy watching Mark Darcy and Daniel Cleaver having their clumsy fights. (And the Christmas jumpers and Bridget's awful luck). But after watching them all so quickly after each other makes it easier to compare. The third instalment is most definitely a more grown up Bridget, although sometimes just as clumsy. It's nice to see a character development, which I don't think you often get with trilogies (or TV-series). And that's often the reason why I stop watching trilogies or TV-series where the characters mostly stay the same, and the plot is pretty much the same as well. In Bridget Jones Baby I find that Bridget is more sure of herself (thank god) and knows more of what she wants, and her character is more dynamic. In fact, I think that all of the characters are more dynamic in this instalment than in the two first movies. Also, there's not really a "villain" in the movie, as Daniel Cleaver often was painted to be. I have to say that I actually love all of the characters in the third instalment. The trio of Bridget, Miranda and Cathy is amazing and I would've loved to see them more. I also love Emma Thompson as dr. Rawlings and McDreamy (sorry, I know you have an actual name) as Jack. I love Mark Darcy sitting in his expensive suit, typing in their names in the love-algorithm to check if they're compatible. And obviously, Bridget Jones the "spinster" and the geriatric mother. Even if I'm twenty five and she's forty three, I can't help but relate to her. And that's maybe the most wondrous thing about the movies. They showcase the many expectations to a woman in the time and moment the movies are released. I just really really love Bridget Jones. That's all. (Not really, because is it allowed to have crush on Colin Firth who is older than my own parents, but looks exquisite in a suit? I am so tempted to watch Kingsman just to see him at what I think is at his best). Yesterday I actually woke up with a jump. Or I'm pretty sure it was reality rather than a very vivid dream, because it felt just like when someone scares me and I jump. I've woken up after dreaming about falling, or even jumping into the water. But I've never woken up with a jump, so it was quite funny actually. I went to school, sat down for a few hours, and then I heard the sound of someone playing the piano. And for some reason it always makes me smile, and it's such a soothing noise in the background. I would love it if someone were to always play piano in the background whilst I was writing on my thesis. After I got hungry and had sat at the library for sufficiently enough hours, I packed my bag and walked to the grocery store whilst eating an energy bar. To my great joy I spotted green grapes that looked a lot like the ones my brother recommended. You see, the other day I went to a certain grocery store just to buy the grapes, and they were sold out. They'd switched the grapes with another kind, and I was so sad about it. But I bought a case of red grapes that I usually enjoy. But biting into them are so disappointing once you've gotten used to a crispness. So when I saw some similar green grapes yesterday, I went ahead and bought them. If you're a grape enthusiast, I highly recommend trying grapes called "autumn crisp". That being said, I've only tried two manufacturers, so I can't be sure that all "autumn crisp" grapes are the same. I switch buses from and to school, and I was unlucky enough to just miss my bus on the way home. But then again, I didn't have to wait long for the bus on my way to school. So I guess there's a silver lining. I've stayed home today and hit the snooze button again. Done a bit of writing on my thesis, and I am hopefully going to finish my method-chapter as much as possible today. Obviously it's far from finished, as I can't actually finish it until I've done the interviews and the analysis. However, I've enjoyed the process of writing it on beforehand. I think I might start on either my introduction- or theory chapter next. I'm heading back to my old school tomorrow for a day of writing, so hopefully I'll get a few things done then. The rest of the day is going to be spent writing, making some lunch for tomorrow and doing my exercise. Gosh, my exercise session on Tuesday was a killer. From time to time, a session can make me feel like I haven't exercised in months and therefore am about to keel over. That's what Tuesday felt like. Hopefully it'll be better tonight. Also, how quickly does the week go by? The weekend is almost here, and it was just here moments ago. I went ahead and ordered myself some sneakers I was going to order after I returned the Nikes two months ago. I was hesitant to buy them because I felt like winter was just around the corner anyway. But I've realised that autumn is actually quite long. But now I have to put a shopping ban on myself. Only exceptions are if I come across the black wool coat of my dreams and Christmas presents. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar