onsdag 3. oktober 2018

perfect ain't coming but we'll be alright

Tuesday was indeed a better day. Admittedly I could still sense a bit of negative thoughts as the day started later than expected. My alarm didn't go off, because my phone died in the night. And it did appear that I needed some sleep, because I slept for 10 and 1/2 hours. The weather wasn't very great either, and normally I don't wake up feeling all positive on dark days. However, as I got out of bed and had breakfast, I felt like a different person. And I was most productive yesterday. On my to do list for this week, I included starting to write on the introduction of my thesis. I've been a bit hesitant about writing this chapter and my theory chapter because I don't want to fill my head with theory and research before I do the interviews. It just seems like it would cloud my mind too much, and like I'd be searching for certain answers. I can't tell you how many times I've opened the document with my introduction, but I haven't written a word. So I had the ingenious idea of writing on my method chapter, and it's like the words just came flowing. I haven't tried to formulate my sentences, and there's a need of editing. But when you're writing a long piece, or even a short one, you should always just let yourself go in the beginning. Just write down all of the things you can think of, and then edit later. I don't know about you guys, but my brain is not a place for amazing formulations. Instead I often sound a bit crazy whenever I allow myself to speak without thinking. And when I'm tired I make pretty much no sense to anyone else than my own brain. If only my brain could be an actual friend, we'd be soulmates. Anyways, I had a jolly great time writing yesterday and seeing my document actually filling out. It can be quite daunting thinking of the amount of words you have to fill. I took what I felt was a well deserved break after my writing and all of the e-mail correspondence I did. It is honestly a dread logging onto my e-mail, because I'll either get a "yes, go on" or "nope, you can't do that". And I can't postpone opening my e-mails to the end of the day, so then I end up starting my day with reading e-mails that potentially can ruin my day (or make my day). During my break I actually got a parcel delivered at home. I never really choose to get parcels delivered at home, mostly because I feel like you're just at home anxiously listening to every sound that could be the delivery man. I've had the same services twice before, but once I was at work, and the other time I was at a concert. They ring you beforehand, and I do remember taking a call just before the One Direction concert five years ago and being confused about an English person wondering if I was at home. At least this time I was at home, and I actually answered the two calls. First of all, I've been avoiding phone calls for weeks now (yes, just let me become a loner thank you), and second; I don't like speaking English if I'm not ready for it. Cause again, my brain doesn't always understand immediately. Luckily I've been reading so much fan fiction lately, it seems like my brain has started to speak English. Hence why I'm writing in English at the moment. I went outside in my joggers and birks to sign off on getting the parcel, and then proceeded to open it as you do. It was my sought after black coat, which I was crossing my fingers for. Sadly I was disappointed by it, even if I tried to make it work with different outfits. First of all it's pretty long. And when you have a long and slightly heavier coat, I always think they should have a split in the back. This way it's easier to walk around in, and the coat falls more nicely on the body. The coat I ordered did not have a split. Another factor to my disappointment, was the very visible silver buttons when the coat was open. The coat was also slightly thinner than what I wanted. So all of those details together made for a disappointing try-on. I wrapped it all back up in the packaging ready for a return. I browsed through the internet to see if I could possibly find another coat that could drench my thirst. I think I have another possible dream black coat. However it's another 1000 kroners, which isn't ideal for a poor student. I'll just have to see, maybe I'll let go of my dream for now. Anywho, after that disaster, I put on my gym clothes and did an exercise routine which was killer for my legs. I normally do cardio on Tuesdays because I am a sucker for routine. But when it comes to exercise, I can only have a certain amount of routine before I start getting bored and loose all motivation. I went to bed with a pretty positive outlook on life despite the coat, and I had planned to return the coat today in addition to a few errands. But I knew I couldn't avoid my e-mails, and bloody hell, they do take a lot longer than what you think. Especially if you're awaiting correspondence. And then I was waiting for my phone to fully charge, and whilst I was waiting for that, I decided to finally book tickets and a hotel for London. The girls and I have been chatting about it for what feels like years now, and I was gonna finally sit down and do it on Sunday. But I had such a nice day planning gifts and feeling creative. So I didn't want to start looking at hotels. However, we're planning on going to London at a peak time, which isn't exactly my favourite thing. But the girls are really into the thought of a Christmas-London. That being said, I am really excited to stop by Liberty and maybe find new Christmas decor when it's actually Christmas time. Peak time does mean that things get a lot more expensive and most hotels are booked. And one of the hotels we were looking at did in fact get fully booked. So I scoured the internet for other hotels, as did Marble. And we ended up on a hotel that looks quite questionable in taste of interior. I'm sure it'll be an experience. To be fair, a lot of the hotels in London seem reminiscent to something I've seen in Mrs. Bucket's house in Keeping Up Appearances. Hopefully we'll have a great time in London, cause the trio of us haven't ever travelled together as a group. Although we've had some great times together. Maybe I can even find myself a black coat, although I'm not keeping my hopes up. Booking all of the London-related things took a lot longer than I had expected. Mostly because we're three separate people going, living three separate lives, that seemingly does not include free time at the same time (except for maybe nights when surely all of us are sleeping. Although you never know with Marble or Kiwi. They might live a completely different life than what I know of). By the time I was done with booking stuff, the time was around 4 pm and I was starving. So after sending off another set of e-mails, this time to the girls, and significantly less stressful, I sat down with food. And then it was suddenly 5 pm, and I had initially wanted to do my errands before noon. And I couldn't find the energy to push myself into leaving the house after 5 pm because the amount of people doing errands around that time spikes. So now I've got to do it tomorrow when it's supposed to be rainy and windy. But that's what you get. I haven't done as much school work today, but I did write some more on my method chapter, and I got positive e-mails today, so I'm pretty chuffed. Hopefully the feeling will last for tomorrow.  

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar