torsdag 4. oktober 2018

may these words be the first to find your ears

For the longest time I've been looking for a fake flower to add in my collection of small vases. But I don't know about you, but I think most fake flowers look ridiculously fake. Maybe that's the point, so you don't go around mistaking which plants to water or not. But I've decided that I don't like the look of fake flowers that look fake. Would love to find some that actually look real. So my small glass vases have been empty for years. But the other day I saw a video of a persons apartment, and she used dried eucalyptus branches, which I thought was brilliant. I was passing my regular flower shop, when I spotted bunches of eucalyptus branches, and I can't tell you how happy I was to find some. I did almost trip over a lost wallet/purse on the floor whilst two mums with their buggies were watching me. Obviously gave it to the cashier, and when the lady who had lost her wallet came running back, we both smiled at each other. I probably only needed two eucalyptus branches, as my intention was only to display them in the small glass vase I keep on my windowsill. I'm intending to just dry them out, and hopefully be able to keep them for a long time. The rest of the branches I've put in my empty flower pot with actual water. It's also in the windowsill, and now my windowsill looks a bit like a small forest (not really). I started my day lazing in my bed for two hours before I actually got up. It's a problem, and I'm really trying to get out of the habit. I had oatmeal for breakfast because I finished the bread two days ago. I used to eat oatmeal before morning shifts, and I've forgotten how filling it really is. After breakfast I put on my clothes and went out to do my errands. And luckily it wasn't really raining whilst I was walking outside. It's getting rather cold nowadays, and I wasn't sure what kind of outerwear I needed. But I managed to pick the perfect outfit for today. I mentioned the other day that I was in need for some inspiration, so I went to my local library (my favourite library) and hung out with the poetry section for quite awhile. It's weird how such few words can instantly evoke some emotion. As poetry doesn't tend to be long books, I read through one book, and leafed through a few others. One of the books was a hardback with a paper cover, and the paper cover had been used as a bookmark from the last person who read through the book. It felt like a moment, reading the poem they had bookmarked. It was just such a nice thing, so I left it at the same poem. I brought with me three poetry books home so I can enjoy them properly. My goal with visiting the mall today was to find passepartouts to my picture frames and to find a birthday present to Ale. I managed that in addition to buying myself new wool layering pieces, buying two Christmas presents, and stocking up on my D-vitamins. I'm sure I walked around the mall several times, and I finally left to go grocery shopping. Oh, I also bought a new reusable bag as I noticed my favourite reusable bag is starting to tear at the seams. The new bag is made out of recycled plastic bottles, which I thought was neat. I do own quite a few fabric tote bags, but they're not as compact. Hopefully one day I'll find some fabric bags which are compact. I wasn't home until 4.30 pm, so I'd been at my errands for hours. I finally caved into buying donuts, so I had the pleasure of eating two of them after dinner. Thursdays are usually an exercise-day for me, but I felt a bit achy when I got home. I think my senses were overstimulated at the mall, because once I got home I was really sensitive to sounds, scents and movement of my head. So I decided to postpone my work out until tomorrow. I'm actually excited for it, which feels strange. I haven't done any school stuff today, and it hasn't really been on my mind either. It felt good, and it's probably been really great for me. But tomorrow I'm back at it again, so I wanna try to get into bed sooner than later. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar