onsdag 17. april 2019

I know it's not supposed to be easy, pouring out the bottled up feelings. But I didn’t think it would be this hard

What a pesky old cold. It seems to be more of a head cold rather than a chest cold, which is nice. I don't really want to develop a cold that'll stick for ages. But it does mean that my head has been rather tender, and I've been prone to headaches. It doesn't make for a great focus. Oyster and Monchita have almost managed to convince me I'm actually affected by the pollen. But I am fairly certain it's just a cold. My brother came around on Monday and the family had dinner together. Was a lovely dinner made by dad. Monchita who hasn't been a part of a family gathering since Christmas got to catch up with family things, I guess. Yesterday Monchita and I spent pretty much our entire day at Oyster and Mars' house. I've not seen them for ages, so it was great seeing them and catching up. We were invited for an old school breakfast, with a few healthier updates. It's such a classic breakfast really, but the addition to a certain type of bread and spice that you don't get everywhere. We played a round of gin'n'rummy, and it was obvious none of us have played it for awhile. Think everyone won at least one round except maybe Oyster? It was actually pretty fun, and I've missed just playing with cards. It used to be the game my siblings and I normally play whenever we all get together. But we've moved onto board games. Anyway, we watched a few dancing videos, before Mars challenged us all to a push-up contest. In our childhood we did spend a lot of time being active, running around playing imaginative games or whatever. But I can't say we're active whenever we get together nowadays. But alas, there we were, trying to get in most push-ups, crunches, pirouettes, etc. in a certain time space. We ended up a bit tired, chilling in the sofas. By that time it was already pretty late, and my plan was initially to leave around 3 pm when Mars' was supposed to leave. But that didn't happen, and by the time it was 6 pm, we decided to go out to eat at a nearby restaurant. I overestimated my hunger and bought too much food. But it was fine, as I got to bring it home. After dinner, we bid Oyster and Mars goodbye, and carried on to the mall. I was going to look at blazers, buy apples and some other errands, but it was already pretty late and I wasn't feeling up to it. So we basically just did the most important bits, and then we walked home. I didn't get any writing done yesterday, and I can't say I've done much of it today. At least not as much as I'd like. And I'm a bit worried I've let things go, and that I'll actually have to spend all of the time until september to write my thesis. Since I didn't have time for it yesterday, I'm going to do my exercise today and have a lovely shower. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar