lørdag 13. april 2019

I thought you really felt this when we were talking about breakfast. You made it seem like we connected, I guess I just didn't expect this


Out of nowhere, I woke up with a cold today. It's minor, but still-- I can't really see what I could've possibly done within the few days to affect me this way. Unless I encountered some people on Wednesday who might have been ill. It started out yesterday when my throat suddenly went sore. I just kinda figured it was because I'd swallowed incorrectly, and spent a few minutes coughing later. Surely that was the reason for my sore throat. But I quickly became aware of how often I swallow my own spit, as each time hurt quite noticeably. Falling asleep was unpleasant because it definitely felt like I had a plug of phlegm closing up my throat. Tmi? Probably, but it was very unpleasant. And then I spent some time awake tossing around bed because I felt very warm. This morning I coughed up a sizeable chunk of yellow phlegm, so that was kinda relieving. I've basically been chugging tablets with menthol today, in hope that I'll be rid of it quickly. A pair of shoes I've been eyeing was back in stock, but then had sold out in my size before I could possibly click them home. Also there's a dress I've fallen in love with the idea of. I am pretty sure it won't look nice on me, but at my weakest moments like just before I go to bed, I find myself looking at it. I absolutely don't need it, shouldn't even entertain the idea. But here I am, still, wanting it. God, if that wasn't the biggest metaphor. Anyway, I have a feeling I'll probably let my guard down and click it home, unless it gets sold out. That would be a curse and a blessing. I made my dad a cake yesterday, quickly scribbled a birthday card which has a ridiculous picture of a horse in 80's gym wear on it. I spent some time doing all the dishes, and then I sliced up some cheese. Felt very good about myself, content, if you will. Not exactly feeling it as much today as I'm feeling slightly sluggish. Which I'm guessing is due to the cold. But goodness, it makes me bloody grateful I've not got pollen allergies. Or anything else that would make me feel sluggish on a regular basis, of course. My younger sister is due home in an hour or so, though it would surprise me if she hasn't made plans with her friends already. I've still got some writing on my thesis to do, though it's been a pretty slow pace thing this week. I did check the schedule I've previously made to see if it would cause much delay, but it seems that I actually had expected it. So I'm still on track for now. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar