torsdag 10. august 2017

does she know that the bruises never change, my marks are on your heart

Hola, I'm back from Mallorca. "I never want to be on an airport again," I told Monchita yesterday. She laughingly huffed, because she knows I'll be back at the airport tomorrow. I don't mind my local one, because it's so big, it never feels like too many people in one place. The other airports I've been to this summer has felt crowded, like the noise will never stop. I've been stressed too, a part of it I figure is the hectic schedule I made for myself this holiday. But when I thought about it thoroughly yesterday, I realised it's probably the thought of going back to school. It's going to be a huge transition, and I've not had time to think of it because I haven't let myself have enough time. I've literally been working all summer, and then I've been living out of my suitcases. I've been getting more e-mails regarding school, and each time another ends up in my mail, I tense up slightly. Logically, I know I'll be fine. But it's just the before-bit, the apprehension, the not knowing. Because of all of this and more, I'm not sure if I actually did relax on my sunny holiday. I burnt the back of my knees and back, but other than that I'm not so sure if I've actually gotten a tan. It was very warm, and I'm just glad we stayed by the sea. Without the ocean breeze, I'm sure I'd mostly stay inside with the air con. We stayed in Can Pastilla, which I discovered to be my favourite place last year. It's at the end of the Playa de Palma promenade, which makes it quieter. It's also right beside a loooong walking path (also a path for bicycling) which was my favourite discovery this year. Honestly, the beaches we found there were gorgeous. There weren't that many people either, which makes it ideal for me. We mostly went on adventures after the sunset, when the weather was somewhat cooler. But we did walk to a mall one morning, and we were both dripping with sweat once we reached the mall. But you can usually count on malls having great air con, and they did. I bought a summerdress which is a bit too big for me. However I couldn't let it go. It reminds me of the 80's, like I've just pulled out an old dress from my mother's closet. Monchita went crazy with her flowery shirts, and then we took a taxi back to the hotel. I pretty much had tapas and sangria for my lunch every day. It was amazing, and it's one of those things I'll miss the most. Getting home was a bit stressful, not the actual trip home, but because of all of the things I had/have to do. So I made a to-do list, which is something I haven't done in ages. I had a nice shower and moisturised my bod, which is something I didn't do once whilst in Mallorca (wasn't great with the taking care of my skin). I finished reading Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married last night, in my own bed, and it was a nice and relaxing end of my day. I started on my list once I woke up, and I'm now mostly finished packing, have cleaned my bedroom and recharged my camera. I need to stop by the store, and pick up a parcel. However, I look a bit disastrous, so I might have to do that later, when I've showered. I'm getting up bright and early tomorrow for an early flight (thought I'd quite those), and then my weekend will probably be loud with the nephews and niece. My niece is getting baptised, and I'm sure I'll be helping out with things regarding that this weekend. I am honestly looking forward to getting back home, sleeping in my own bed for awhile, and just get back into my routines. Getting back into my exercise is something I'm actually looking forward to, because I haven't been able to keep it up this summer, and it's one of those things that makes life a bit easier. My head feels very messy, and I feel like I'm constantly thinking of what comes next. And then I mentally berate myself for not thinking of now. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar