onsdag 30. august 2017

her eyes could burn down the room, so get out while you can

I woke up earlier than my alarm this morning, even felt good at 5.20 am. I feel like that's a sign of being good with my sleep, so a slow clap for me. First thing I did was to check my social media, because Niall started his tour yesterday, on the anniversary of his X-Factor audition (if I'm correct. I'm not very good at the Niall trivia). Understandably, he started it off in Dublin, in his homeland. It was the only right thing to do, surely. From what I've gathered over the past few years I've been following Niall, he is a pretty likeable guy. He gets on with a lot of different people. Not sure if I forgot, because it was such a nice surprise this morning, when I saw all of the people coming down to support him. Obviously his family was there, and his pals. But there was a strong amount of Irish musicians as well, and it just brings me joy to see how much support he has. I've tried not to listen too much to any audio, because I figure it would be best to hear it all live. However, I've come to realise he is actually performing his album. He did explain it yesterday: "my favourite is when you come to a gig where you don't know any of the songs. That's the thing to do, right? Welcome to the Flicker sessions #1! Honestly, it's gonna be a bit odd for you tonight, coming to a gig where you don't know any of the songs but probably three. But it’s what I wanted to do. I wanted to play the album to the fans before I release it". I get it, I do quite like just going to concerts without knowing all of the songs. It's nice to be surprised. I'm also glad he's doing it his own way. I feel a great sense of pride just seeing him doing what makes him happy. Today we had a bit of a role play in class, and I keep being surprised by how certain teaching methods works for me this time around. But then again, we put in an effort to make a safe environment within the group of my classmates, where people can be open with each other. So it is different from before, when we didn't spend any time to make a safe environment first. It's strange because I've only met with these people seven times, and so far it's been really great. We're having dinner together tomorrow, which will be nice. But it also means I probably won't get much reading done. I'm trying to finish the book I'm currently reading before Friday, because then I'll be studying with Marble in the city. And I'd quite like to not have to bring multiple books because I haven't quite finished the one I'm reading. In other words, I ought to get back to reading.  

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar