lørdag 8. april 2017

you look pretty good down here, but you ain't really good

I was truly knackered when I last wrote, and in reward I got to sleep through the night. It's been the only night this week though, and like clockwork, I wake up around 5.30 am. Sometimes it is my bladder, but quite a few times it's just like "ah, right, I'm still alive". Sometimes I get to fall asleep relatively quickly again. Other times I have to wait for a few hours for sleep to find me again. Monchita is coming home for Easter, and my mother wanted to make spring rolls for the occasion, so I went to do a big shop. Lynx also asked for me to buy her coffee. So I got dressed in my work out gear, because sometimes I just don't want to wear proper clothes. I went into the posh Nespresso shop, which I've never considered walking into before. Firstly because I don't drink coffee, secondly because it's always seemed too posh for me. It's the kind of store where you take three steps inside, and there's already someone to offer help. Instead of just giving you the bag of coffee you've just purchased over the counter, they walk around the corner to deliver it to you personally-- almost as if to spare you from reaching your arm out. "Can I help you?" the lady asked, and I showed her a picture that Lynx had sent me. I bought a hundred capsules, and when I received the bag, the lady asked if I didn't want a cup of coffee. "Erm, I don't drink coffee," I answered. Yesterday I was reminded by an Instagram-post that Harry (Styles) was releasing his single. I listened to Harry co-hosting the Breakfast show with Grimmy, and it truly brought back a lot of fond memories. I can't say the song is my style, but it seems so distinctively Harry's, and that's all it needs. After spending so many years in a group where everyone tries to infuse something of themselves, it's nice to hear all of the boys' personal taste. Sign of the times is a grower on me, I think the lyrics are great. To me they seem slightly political, about the world today. I especially resonate with this part: "We never learn, we been here before. Why are we always stuck and running from the bullets, the bullets?". I might be projecting, really, but that's the beauty in individuals trying to interpret things. I've almost done all of my Sunday-duties before Sunday. I just felt a lot like my bedroom was a dirty mess, and like it was uninhabitable. It was more of a psychological thing, than the truth, but the psyche can be far itchier than the physical. The family is perhaps driving to Lynx and co. next week. I've opted out, seeing as I'm already going to be there the week after (I think). We're taking shifts of visiting, it feels like. Volla and Mog are there now. Speaking of that couple-- they've got the funniest wedding gift list I've ever seen. That being said, their invite was pretty humorous too, so maybe I shouldn't have been surprised.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar