fredag 5. mai 2017

I already know that there ain't no stopping your plans and those slow hands

My hunt for another tracksuit is not going so well. I waited to buy a new pair until I could see how they do in the wash. They do pretty good actually, so I went ahead to find another pair today. However, I couldn't find the pants in my size, and it's sold out online too. Just my luck, truly. Oh well, instead of the tracksuit, I went home with ice lolly's and a new bikini! I had to throw out a few bikinis last year, some from the Indochina-trip, and some that just got ruined. I've been eyeing a bikini-top for months now, but it's been sold out in my size (damnit). And when I say months, I do really mean months. Despite the many times I've been checking to see if they've restocked, they haven't. So I finally gave in and bought another bikini. It's green, which is something I don't have in a bikini. Also, I actually bought a set. I very rarely buy a whole bikini-set, because I like to mix it up. I woke up early this morning in order to listen to Niall on the Breakfast Show with Grimmy. It's basically the only promo I'll listen to nowadays. Grimmy mostly always have good banter with artists, and especially the boys. Niall put out his new single Slow Hands yesterday, and it was both surprising and unsurprising. I recognise the vibe, the cheekiness of the song in other songs Niall has written for One Direction. But I barely recognised his voice for the first verse. His voice will always surprise me, I think. It's a whole different sound and vibe from This Town, which makes me curious as to how the album will be, if it's cohesive. There's a line in the song where he sings "sweat drips down our dirty laundry" and I always keep thinking he'll sing "sweat dripping down my balls" (allusion to Get Low by Lil Jon). It makes me giggle. He also sings "take me home, take me home" which gives all the feels, because it reminds me of One Direction. An important thing to me is the lyrics, especially when an artist chooses to sing about sexual content. If the lyrics are really derogatory, and/or misogynistic (here's an overview of everyday misogyny if you'd like to be more aware), I am automatically put off a song. Sometimes I'll listen to the song anyway, but I always feel a bit awful. Music videos are also very good at putting me off, when I see women treated as objects, props, it makes me furious. Slow Hands is good at not being offensive, and it even seems like the person Niall is singing about is the dominant one. It made my heart warm this morning, as I was listening to the Breakfast Show, and Grimmy asked Niall what he'd like to listen to. And he answered Harry's song. It's nice to see him being so bloody supportive. Although I really enjoy Slow Hands, I do actually prefer This Town. That's just a personal preference, because I like the slow acoustic songs. It's the same with Harry. I'm pretty sure I prefer Sweet Creature to Sign of The Times. And the only song I can see myself enjoying for a long time on the new Ed Sheeran album, is Happier. I just really like slow, acoustic songs. I like the voice to be the focus, and I like to feel the emotion. Regardless, I am thoroughly enjoying all the new music at the moment. The sun is shining, I've worn a dress out today. I am going to enjoy the sun for the rest of the day, wear my new bikini and have some ice lolly's. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar