lørdag 17. juni 2017

I'm walking home. The last bus has long gone, but I'm dancing in the moonlight

My belieber friend and I ended up on quite the adventure the other day. We couldn't decide upon what to do, so we met in the city. We went looking for sunglasses, and after a few misses, we did the logical thing and went to the store she bought her fave sunnies from. She found two pairs, and we left the shop quite pleased with ourselves. I'd done my shopping the day before, so I followed my belieber friend into another store where she pretty much bought their whole selection of Justin Bieber perfume. The face on the lady who worked at the till was amazing. She suggested that they'd be great for presents, but my belieber friend basically said that no, she wasn't gonna give them away-- they were for her. So, again, a bit giggly, we strolled out of the store and walked towards the shore. We decided upon doing a bit of island hopping. Without knowing much about the islands, we decided upon one. But the boat didn't go to the island, not to our knowledge. So we were sat on the boat back to the shore, and decided to stay put. Try again. The boat took another direction though, so we didn't know where we were going. We stopped at an island that looked a bit untouched, and decided a bit late that we wanted to get off the boat. We did a bit of a run and made it to the island before the boat was leaving. I think both of us wanted to find a new great place, and instead of going to a crowded island, we went to the one with the least people. For a while, we pretty much hiked uphill in the woods, and it felt a bit like a small mountain. The mosquitoes were as always fucking annoying. We hadn't seen or heard a person in a while, and then we ended up at a place that looked private. So we carried on for a while, and we finally heard people. They looked to be lying on the beach and having a good 'ole time, but we couldn't quite figure out how to get there. We decided to follow the path, where a guy on some kinda machine was driving. We ended up at yet another house, where there were a few people. It's confusing because when there's so few people, it feels like it's a private area. We kinda went right when we spotted the people, and they spotted us. We ended up on a path to the beach we'd seen. But it wasn't exactly the dream? We did explore a bit, and when I thought I was walking towards the end of a cliff, I spotted a pair of guys looking up at me. It was just after my belieber friend had said "it's probably just the end of a cliff". I said "hi" awkwardly, and they said hi back with a wave. We decided to walk back to the boat, and we genuinely walked around the whole island. It was a fail, but also not, because at least now we know. If it was darker and I was more scared, the whole experience could resemble a start of a horrormovie. We wanted to eat at our regular place, but we didn't want to wait in the line, nor did we want to eat at the bar. So we headed to a gastropub, where we sat in our little cave. We had a bit of a talk of things whilst watching the locals play a game we weren't quite familiar with. It included a lot of sand. When we were done eating, my belieber friend invited me home. I had a spot of thinking, because it was getting late, and I had work the next day. But I said fuck it, it's my last day off before work starts, so I have to take fully advantage. We sat outside in their garden, chatting about things and telling people directions. All in all, it was a great day. My first day of work is done, and it feels alright. I think maybe I've been so pessimistic about the whole thing, that it's a better experience than I have been expecting. To be fair, I had pretty great patients too, even had time to have a talk with pretty much everyone. And that's really rare. I'm a bit peeved that the weather is great when I have to work, but that's life. There's so many mosquitoes that I become paranoid, but then again, I have gotten four bites already. Before work yesterday, I realised that Niall had been on the radio, because I have become his greatest fan again. It goes in waves-- Niall is always in the background, but I might be his biggest fan, or I can just acknowledge his presence. At the moment I have him as my background picture on my phone. And I'm pretty much up to date with whatever he's doing at the mo. So that's why I tuned into the radio yesterday, and he did a cover of Dancing in The Moonlight by Thin Lizzy. I've only heard The Boys are Back in Town by Thin Lizzy, so I cannot say I'm well acquainted with the band. However, I was so bloody shocked to hear Niall do his cover, because it was so unexpected. It's great, it's my favourite thing at the moment, and I would buy the cover if I could. I've also always appreciated becoming aware of other artist and songs through my favourites. Niall keeps surprising me with his versatility. He joked about doing country the other week, but I can actually see it. I am really looking forward to his album, but more than anything, I would love to see him live, because I prefer him live. Right, I'm going to spend some time relaxing before work. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar