fredag 23. juni 2017

we'll be carrying each other until we say goodbye on our dying day, because I've got you brother


I've spent a lot of time in my life consoling people, listening to their thoughts. Giving hugs, holding hands. I am a listener more than a speaker, and I know I can be a great observer. During school, we'd write reports on a chosen patient, and from one visit at my chosen patient, I'd nearly finished my report. My nurse supervisor seemed amazed by the many observations I'd done. It's only been three years, but that's when I properly realised I sometimes see things not everyone does. I have never liked conversations over the phone, because I can't see the person, can't see their expressions, when to prod or to let go. It's been an emotional week, but I've not had time to sit down and process it, not until yesterday. Another parent in the One Direction camp died, which caused a load of grief as well. My heart goes out to Haz and his family. My heart goes out to a lot of people, really. My period surprised me the other day-- it was early, but it's been a "nice" period because I haven't had much symptoms. I even managed to get in some exercise yesterday, though I only did a bit of cardio and not all I wanted to do. It's my second day off, and I've spent it writing a letter and sending off a care-package. I've also bought some new things for my bedroom. Some tiny vases that I've wanted to buy for years-- I've not wanted the ones pictured especially, but tiny vases in general. I just find them so charming. I also got myself a mirror. My dream is a round mirror on the wall, but that's something for a future home. I also bought the cutest mug (which is something I'm not supposed to do. It's gone right in my box of interior-related things) and a new pillow. All of this was bought because I was feeling uninspired by my bedroom. It suddenly felt a bit stifling. Sometimes you just need to change up your surroundings. At the moment I'm very inspired by earthy tones, wood, and likewise. I don't yet feel like things are right-- it'll probably take me some time. I want to get flowers for my tiny vases, and I actually forgot to return something on my trip to the mall today. So I might go for another trip to the mall tomorrow. Haven't got any chocolate in the house either. I heard a snippet of Brother by Kodaline a few days ago, and it was an instant like. Even if it was only 18 seconds, it felt a lot like I was going to like it. Finally got to hear the full song yesterday evening, and I really really like it. It sort of reminded me of OneRepublic, and then a bit of Imogen Heap. I'm very into it, and a song of theirs called Everything Works Out in the End. The latter strangely reminds me of Tom Odell. I'm just glad that Kodaline is back in my (musical) life. I'm a bit tired, and looking forward to going to bed. It's been really nice having days off. In a week I've got nearly a week off. That'll be very nice, and it's a reminder that I need to research Amsterdam. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar