tirsdag 6. juni 2017

she'll jump on that flight and meet you that night, make you tear up the room

Got in late last night, and by now the trip home is almost ingrained in my muscle memory. Unknowingly I've chosen to fly back home from Lynx at the same time for the past few years, with a few exceptions. It was nice hanging out with the kids, all the hugs and smiles. Yesterday my youngest nephew half-sat in my lap, holding my hand while we were looking at an excavator. He's obsessed with them, and he was telling me stories about the excavator in what sometimes sounds like gibberish, but is actual language. I just have a hard time understanding it. My niece fell asleep in my arms, and it reminded me of when I was wishing just that - a baby falling asleep in my arms. All the nice things are great, but there's the part where the toddler wants everything his older brother has, and throws a tantrum if he doesn't get it. It's also hard with the toddler following his older brother's every move. I've kinda grown used to calculating the damage, whether it's a learning opportunity, or if he'll get seriously hurt. It's the lack of sleep, and having minimal time for yourself. I just don't understand how I'll ever want to go through with becoming a parent. Grepper's brother-in-law drove me to the bus yesterday, and we had our usual conversation about my life and my singleness. He's northern, and all the northerns I've met in my life have always made me laugh. He too, will have a new baby in a few months, making him a father of two under two. I said congratulations, and he answered something like "not sure if you should say congratulations". He also said he used to think he was never gonna have kids. Then he got a daughter, and he said he thought he'd never have two kids, and there he is, expecting number two. We joked about how sleep is overrated. No, but all in all, I reminded him and myself of the joy kids give. Your happiness is usually greater because of kids. It's just hard to see when you don't have your own kids. Anyway, he's great fun and I always enjoy his company and our banter. He drove me to the bus, because there were no boats yesterday. The trip to the airport is longer than my flight, which is a bit amusing. I really enjoy the busride to the airport, because the scenery is really pleasing. Especially if the weather is good. I got to the airport probably moments after Grepper travelled home from the airport. We watched the Manchester One Love concert yesterday. I sat down just in time for Niall Horan after putting the oldest nephew to bed. The atmosphere seemed really great, and the sing-alongs were great. I really enjoyed watching Coldplay, especially when they played Fix You. I think they choose a perfect set-list, really. I was really glad to come home to my own bed yesterday, and the kids tired me out, because I slept for ten hours. I've decided to forego exercise today because I just cannot be bothered. Instead I just want to watch Elementary. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar