tirsdag 26. mars 2019

Just a little change, small to say the least. Both a little scared, neither one prepared


Surely it's spring now. I wore my fleece-jacket out yesterday, and it was on the chilly side when I was in the shadow. But for the most part I was walking in sunny spots, which made it a bit too warm. All in all it felt very spring-like, and definitely made me happy. I was worried about spending too much time out and about, as I have kinda made a strict schedule for myself when it comes to my master thesis. But as I was walking, doing my errands, I really did realise it was just what I needed. Some direct sunlight and a proper break, even if it was just for an hour and half. I got dressed in something that isn't my joggers and bathrobe, and even put on makeup. It was lovely, and I felt very productive when my day ended, as I had done all of my errands and finished what I planned to do in terms of my thesis. Yesterday just felt really wholesome to me, which made me feel very content. I said goodbye to the bags of clothing I had decluttered, and I let myself have a second to cherish the ao dai before I let go of it. I'm kind of curious to where all my belongings ends up. Where's the dress I wore for Lynx's wedding-- has it found itself a new owner? I like to imagine someone going thrift shopping and finding one of my old belongings and treating them like a treasure. I know for sure that I have found some things secondhand that I have and still love. I didn't sleep very well, which was annoying because I went to bed at a reasonable time. But I woke up rather early and couldn't fall asleep again for an hour and half. And then when I did fall asleep again, I blearily turned off my alarm at 8 am. And I ended up just sleeping in for exactly an hour and half. That is without setting a new alarm, so that was slightly amusing. Even if I wasn't going to leave the house, I actually made an effort and put on some makeup just because I felt like it. Even wore proper clothing, though they only lasted for an hour or two. I'm just not the person to actually wear proper clothes when I'm at home. That is unless it's some kind of occasion or someone is coming over and I need to look presentable. But usually I get home, and I immediately change into my joggers. Comfort all the way, man. I've had a productive day, and I've pretty much finished what I wanted to accomplish with my thesis. I only need to do a bit of editing tomorrow, like making sure the verbs are written in the same tenses, and possibly cutting a paragraph. Gonna send it to my supervisor for review. I just need to know whether I'm on the right path or not, and she'll probably point out things I need to edit as well. Obviously she won't be able to look through the document within a day, so I'm going to start on my method-chapter. Or well, I'm going back to it, as I did some writing on it months ago. I am crossing my fingers that a lot of it is usable, and that I won't have to rewrite too much. But for now I'm done with my thesis, and I need to have a shower. I'm a shower in the evening -person, and I think it's because I consider it to be relaxing enough to get myself ready for bed. I also do a lot of thinking in the shower, a lot of reflecting. So in some ways it feels like I am meditating, which I find is amazing to do just before bed if you want to be really relaxed. So yeah, gonna go for my shower now.  

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar