onsdag 13. november 2019

aren't you the guy who tried to hurt me with the word "goodbye"?

Ah, look at these colours. They're like an autumnal or wintery dream. The green colour belongs to a suit I tried on, and the burnt orange to a dress I also tried on. I love the idea of a suit, but I just haven't found the perfect one for me yet. Although, I've got to say the green one felt pretty damn close to perfect. I might have been slightly swayed by the colour though, as it seems as I've got a thing for green. The dress I fell in love with. I just kind of wish it was double-lined all the way through, as the fabric has a tendency to cling to the body. And I don't know about you, but I'm no supermodel. Don't know, maybe one day I'll have the confidence to pull it off, as it truly is a beautiful dress. But for now, I left the store empty handed. It felt a bit like I wandered around the mall for ages, but parts of my shopping list was quite vague. So I'm guessing that's why I needed to stop by multiple stores with somewhat similar contents. Also, I was looking for yarn. If you think it's easier and cheaper to make a baby blanket on your own, it's definitely not. I'm not even going to end up with a good looking blanket either, but you know what? It's the thought that counts. Even if it's meant to be a gift, it's also something I will find gratifying. I personally adore being able to make something with my own hands. So maybe it'll cost me more money, time and effort. But I'll have a little journey with my knitting, and get to make something that'll be useful. As I'm enchanted with the colour green, I really wanted to find some green yarn. Furthermore, I don't know the gender of the baby yet, and I find that green is a lovely gender neutral colour. Obviously, adhering to certain colours due to the views on your sex in the society is ridiculous. Regardless of gender, if I were to become a parent myself, I would most likely dress my child in greens and blues. I've chosen a merino wool yarn, but I'm a bit unsure whether the newest kid on the block will tolerate merino wool. My nieces and nephews have all had quite sensitive skin. Mind you, babies tend to be sensitive. But you know what? My love for the colour of the yarn I found, overrode that bit. The yarn is a lovely pistachio green colour, and I couldn't find a more sensitive type of yarn in the same colour. So really, it's a very selfish gift I am in the process of making. That being said, I know this won't be the only baby blanket the newest kid on the block will have. The mushroom wellington I was planning to make for the Christmas dinner has been scratched off the list. Apparently a pair of my friends don't really do well with mushrooms, which I think is sad for them, as I personally love mushrooms. I'm probably going to make it on New Years Eve, though. So I'm happy that I've been experimenting with different dishes. Marble and I have discussed alternatives, and I think we're a great team when it comes to cooking (and might I say baking). That is as long as I'm the sous-chef. I've regained some sleep the past two days. I seem to almost sleep properly for five hours, and then I have a more conscious doze for three hours. Hopefully I'll sleep properly for even longer tonight. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar