onsdag 15. oktober 2014

I want you here with me like how I pictured it, so I don't have to keep imagining

"Sexy Little Viking" 09.08.14
I promise I've not forgotten about the tales of Dublin. This is the third verse/segment/whatever (here's the first, and here's the second). It's called "Sexy Little Viking", which you'll soon understand why: I didn’t have the best start of my day, seeing as I woke up at 7:00 am. I was knackered, but so wide awake. I did try going back to sleep, but at 8:00 am I had to give up. Instead of sleeping, I figured I’d go shopping. So I woke up and got ready for a day out. And by the time I was done, it was approximately 9:00 am. And that’s when Ale groggily said: “what are you up to?”. I told her my plans, and she told me to give her fifteen minutes for her to get ready so she could tag along. Once she was done, I tapped Marble on her foot: “hey, we’re going shopping for a bit, yeah? Text us when you’re awake”. In which she just answered okay to. Ale and I had breakfast at a bagel café with a quite shady toilet. Breakfast was alright, but then we went on to Jervis shopping center, and I bought myself a purse from F21. Marble came to the mall around 1:00 pm. By the time she arrived, Ale and I were both quite tired from walking. We stayed for a bit longer, before we decided to go to the National Museum of Ireland, which was one of the things we had on our agenda that day. We saw the works of various artists, but it was mostly Jack Butler Yeats I was impressed with. I found myself really liking his work. At the very start of our tour around the European artists’ paintings, I got a text message. For once my phone wasn’t on silent mode. For the lols, I’ll repeat the message here: “Hey how is my sexy little Viking today? Deaglan”. Saturday 9th of August. 3:49 pm. Marble and Ale were walking around by themselves, listening to information about the various paintings through a "phone guide". When I read the message, I spluttered, and I had to reread it just to be sure. Had a little laugh for myself. When I had given my number to Deaglan, I hadn’t actually thought he’d contact me. I figured maybe he was too drunk to remember it, but I should have known that the Irish (most of them) can hold their drinks. When I had collected my thoughts, I went to the girls and showed them the text. And like me, they also spluttered and laughed. My reply consisted of: “Hi I’m good thanks. And hows the a-bit-taller-than-the-average leprechaun?” just to get him back in the same way: using a stereotype. Once we got back to the hotel, we all got ready for a night out. We had a few drinks before we went out as usual. Marble was the bartender, and then Ale got the role when Marble couldn’t because I was curling her hair. She poured me a vodka cranberry, I think. This time we went to Nandos for our supper, and the girls were really happy with their meals, which made me happy. We also shared a bottle of rosé, which went straight to my head. After that, we went to Wheelan’s, which is quite famous for their live music. We were thrilled to see traditional dancing, and it was just so different to Norway. We did stay for quite a bit, and it was nice because the median age at Wheelan’s was much younger than the previous places we had been. After a while though, we decided to move on. We went back to the Globe/Ri Ra, where we all ordered ourselves some pints. Before us in line, stood a guy who was pouring alcohol himself, and I leaned in to ask him if he was a bartender. He said “no, I’m not, but he’s (pointed at a bartender) forcing me to do all the work myself. I should take back my money,” in a jokingly manner. I agreed, and I thought to myself that it was so nice just being able to have banter with completely random people. We met a bunch of South American people. It was funny, because we had just ordered ourselves some pints and sat ourselves down. Ale went to the loo, and then some guy sat down beside me and started chatting to us. Apparently it was his birthday. Not too long after he went away because he’d lost his friends. However, it didn’t take long until he came back with his friends. After chatting to them, we emptied our pints and went to the dance floor where we danced along to tunes we’d never heard before. The difference between the Irish and Norwegians is the amount of alcohol they drink, I think. Because I don’t think I ever saw one drunken Irish person, like the kind of drunk that staggers and shouts gibberish in the streets. On the dance floor the guys were respectful, and didn’t immediately try to grind on you. In Norway, you’d have one going at you in mere seconds. Anyway, the only songs I think I knew was Hideaway by Kieza, which started just as I had been at the loo. So it was nice coming back to the dance floor and dance to a familiar song. I did meet a quite short and sort of balding-man by the bar earlier on the night, who reappeared at the dance floor. I think I made it clear that I wasn’t interested, by hiding behind my friend. We sat down for a bit just to get some water in our systems and chill. After that we left, and I think we might have walked through a somewhat Spanish nightclub which was really shady. The first thing we did was to go to the toilets, and some of the boots were completely dark. Plus there was a middle-aged woman sat by one of the sinks which was filled with hair products. It just gave me the shivers. We left quickly after our visit to the loo. Walking back to the hotel, the rain started pouring. Sadly none of us were carrying an umbrella either. On our way back, we met a guy called Kevin. He was really nice and had a very deep voice. So we got him to sing a tiny bit of Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong. The thing I liked about him was one of the first things he said “we’ll probably never meet again”, but he still wanted to walk with us. Which, you know, I find is a great attitude: like, hey I've just met you, and I'll never see you again, but let's just enjoy each others company for now. We said our goodbyes when we got to our street, and we went back to the hotel. It was a bit earlier than the other nights, seeing as we were planning on a hike on Sunday. But ah, it was good getting into bed after another tiring day. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar