lørdag 18. oktober 2014

what if the way we started made it something cursed from the start

It feels like I just woke up, and now I've got to get ready for work. Ah, I'm so not looking forward to it, and this horrible weather isn't making me any happier. Can't wait to I get home, and in bed. Yesterday I went to see the 1975 with Kiwi. We had dinner at Creperie de Mari and caught up with all the things that's happened the past week or so. At 7:35 pm we ran to the tram. I'm not like a proper fan of the 1975, so I didn't know how their fanbase was, whether there would be a long line or not. And in the miserable weather yesterday, I would have guessed that the line was okay. Only, when we got to the venue, we quickly understood that the line was long. We stood in line for thirty minutes or so, and it wasn't horrible, because once you're standing in a group, the body heat will be shared. So it wasn't too cold, but then again I was wearing my wool coat. We went to the loo once we got inside, then ordered two pints of Guinness. Well, I ordered "one Guinness", and then Kiwi seconded that. I did look at her a bit confusedly, and tried to explain that it's a quite bitter, not like pale ale. But she went for it anyway. In the end, she gave her pint to me. I was a happy camper, because I've been missing drinking Guinness in Dublin. So when I saw that the bartender had Guinness, I had to have it. Anyway, when we had pints in our hands, we found ourselves a spot to stand and enjoyed the warm up band called Pool. Kiwi thought they were British, and I thought they were American. It appears that we were both wrong. They're actually German. I thought they were quite good, I just didn't really like it when they put effects on their voices. I was randomly thinking about whether they look good naked, in which I concluded "yes, probably", when Kiwi said "you're right!". I thought she meant "yes, you're right, they probably look good naked". But I've known Kiwi for a few years now, and so far she's never told me she can read minds, so I was a bit confused for a second. But it was an answer to me denying that they were British. Anyway, the drummer looked like he was very much enjoying himself, which I obviously find very attractive as a trait. When Kiwi pointed him out to me after the gig, standing by their merchandise chatting to people, I had to stop and stare for a while. Kiwi laughed at me. I think I saw about 10% of the actual 1975 gig because the tallest people decided to stand right in front of us, to our dismay. I've never felt this much need of punching someone. Also, the couple beside Kiwi were practically having public sex, which was quite distracting and bothersome. And it started long before the gig. Did I mention they were in their late 30's-early 40's? Yeah, jesus. I was sort of hoping that they would disappear, go home or summat. But once the gig did start, they suddenly started breaking out all their dance moves, which startled me into a laugh. I couldn't even focus on the fact that Matty had come on stage, because I was just laughing so much. So yeah, I spent the gig fighting for my space, seeing about 10% of the band. But I was dancing, and singing along to the songs I knew the lyrics for, and I was sort of in awe, feeling like seeing gifs of the 1975, just live. Well, that's sort of what I did. Matty had a bottle of wine, which he drank from, and his shirt was open, his hair covered half of his face, and his tattoos were on display for everyone. It felt like a proper gig by a band. I was home by midnight, and went to bed fairly quick. I'm not super impressed with the 1975, and my favourite gig with Kiwi must be when we went to the Volcano Choir gig. That was mind blowing. I told Kiwi that I'm a bit sad, because I've not got any gigs to look forward to next month. Oh well, I really must go now, because I should have gotten dressed and ready for work ages ago. Have a great Saturday xx. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar