torsdag 16. oktober 2014

are we in the clear yet?

It's been snowing since I woke up this morning, and it looks like it's going to snow throughout the whole day. Today was the last day of my "praksis", which was a bit sad. I removed my schedule from the board in the break room, which felt quite nice. As it is, I did mention that I wasn't going to ask for a job, despite that Manja did weeks ago. But then yesterday, as I was ready to go home, the assistant to the boss at my "praksis" place asked if she could talk to me. I knew then, what she was going to ask me about. The past few weeks, I feel like the boss and her assistant has been looking at me, sort of, like waiting for me to approach them. But then the days were running out, I suppose. So yesterday the assistant offered me a job. And if someone's going to hand you an opportunity like that on a silver plate, you don't say no. "Yes, I'd like that," I answered, and she said "are you sure?" like she thought I didn't want to work there. And I guess that's what they must have thought when Manja asked weeks ago, and I've not asked. Well, it was sort of the truth as well. It's not where I'll end up once I've finished my bachelor. But it's a nice place to be some times. Looking back at myself in Summer, I had no plans about having two jobs this time of year. I did tell the assistant that I've got school, and I don't know how much time I'll dedicate to working. Oh well, this means I'll get to see my supervisors and all the other staff again, which makes me quite happy. Yesterday Manja brought a chocolate cake with her, which she nicely said was from the both of us. I got a text on Tuesday night, asking if I thought it was alright, and I answered yes of course. It was a bloody good cake too, and we ended up copying the recipe. I went home with two slices of cake, which I ate all by myself. I brought a pack of chocolate to work this morning, and there were about two pieces of chocolate left when I went home. I've got this driving thing at 7:00 pm today, which I'm not looking forward to. I'll just be glad to get it over with. I've also got an evening shift at work on Saturday, which I'm not looking forward to after my last shift on Monday. Also, in the past four weeks, I've either had work or "praksis" during the weekend. So I'm looking forward to a full weekend off. But I'm looking forward to tomorrow, because it's the 1975 gig (unless Matty gets ill. Ah, the other day I read that Kodaline had to cancel all of their US tour due to a broken arm or summat. And I felt really sad on the behalf of all the people who doesn't get to see Kodaline, which also includes myself. God, it's like I'll never forget about that). But yes, I am looking forward to watch the gig and have a pint. Anyway, have a nice Thursday evening. This is the start of the weekend for me, so I'm going to enjoy it. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar