fredag 16. januar 2015

I wanna stay up all night and jump around until we see the sun

When I told Kiwi and my belieber friend that my last years new years resolution was to get more sleep, my belieber friend called bullshit. According to her I've been up at 4:00 am as of late. Kiwi also insisted that I've been staying up late. I can only remember staying up until 6:00 am at New Years, which was a special occasion. So I asked them what their source was, and they very nearly yelled "your blog". I've honestly got no idea of what they were talking about. However, today I am actually going to try to stay up really late, maybe until 5:00 am. Why you might ask? Well, I've got a night shift at "praksis" tomorrow, which I've never done before. So my strategy is to fuck up my sleep pattern. Though I'm pretty good at staying up all night, it's mostly when I'm watching films after films. And even then I sometimes scratch my eyes one too many, and shut my eyes for a bit. So I guess it'll be interesting. Yesterday was a busy day, where I woke up around 8:00 am, had breakfast and got ready. Then I went to the mall to pick up some gifts for Lynx and Grepper. Around nine months ago, when I was sat by a beautifully decorated table and celebrating my sister getting married, a selection of people were handed a note. Monchita and I were a part of that selection of people, and we were asked to send a package of things on the 19th of January. So that's what I got up to yesterday. The trip to the mall was short, and I went to the post office to buy packaging, before I went home. My goodness, the weather outside was seriously frightful yesterday. And I looked it when I came home: mascara under my eyes ala Taylor Swift being crazy in Blank Space music video (although considerably less glamorous). I wiped off all of my mascara, made some lunch to go, and headed to my "praksis". Because despite it was my day off, I still had a meeting with my "praksis" group. It started really gloomy, because our first subject was the exam. The rest of the meeting wasn't gloomy, and I really do enjoy my group, not to mention our teacher. After the meeting, I walked Aggy (my new co-student) to the wardrobe whilst planning our presentation. After that I took the bus, then the train, and ended up in the city. It was intended! I didn't just take random transport to a random place. I went to my favourite book shop, and realised they've got really cool note books and stationary, and I could have spent an hour in there, but I didn't have the time. Instead I found Marian Keyes' newest book, and it's huge. I don't know why on earth they've printed them in that size, but I couldn't be bothered to find another book shop. Then I walked to Zara, where I experienced something that reminded me of the Rowan Atkinson gift wrapping in Love Actually scene. It was slightly hilarious, and a bit annoying. Once I got what I came for, I rushed to Ahlens, where they sell Muji. I was going to buy the black gel pens I usually go for, but they didn't have them in stock, and I couldn't resist this (second picture) pen. Wow, that's a sentence I never thought I would write. But I really couldn't resist it. After my little shopping spree, I walked to the restaurant where Kiwi and my belieber friend was sat. We had food and caught up for hours. We've not seen each other properly for a month, so people had a lot on their mind, I guess. At one point, talking about love and relationships, I couldn't help but think of all the chick lits I've been reading whilst growing up. It felt a lot like being in one of those books, where the single ladies are moaning about being single. It was slightly hilarious. My belieber friend and Kiwi shared their concern about me, which I really appreciated, because I am concerned myself. I wish I knew why I'm not yearning to be in a relationship ASAP. To be truthful I've never really been throughout my whole life. It would be a lie to say that I have never yearned for having someone there. But I only yearn for it sometimes, and only when it's in my favour. And apparently that's not how relationships works. Apparently it's about compromises and being there for each other, and teamwork. Maybe I've just decided that it doesn't suit me? My belieber friend suggested I'd spend more time in the library, or in the post office in the hopes of finding the love of my life. I guess it's a better idea than my brother in-law's brother in-law. I told him about my experience with cleaning severed fingertips, and assisting the doctors in stitching from my previous "praksis". He suggested I'd look lovingly into the eyes to any man I'd have to clean fingers and help stitch. Said maybe the man and I would lock eyes and fall in love, and that it would be a great story to tell. I don't know when people around me started thinking I'm living in a film or a book. Lols, it is honestly so hilarious to me that I'm at this stage of life. Oh dear. After long chats about the most random things, we eventually decided to go home. I was home around 10:00 pm, and went to bed not long after. I woke up this morning, a bit later than planned. Was planning to go to the doctor today, but they didn't have any free appointments, so I'll have to postpone that. Instead I went to the post office to send the package to Lynx and Grepper, as I didn't have time for it yesterday. I did not bump into any candidate to be the love of my life (sorry b. friend, I gave it a go). It's bloody slippery outside, so I walked like I was 71, rather than 21. Seeing as I didn't do it yesterday, I have to do a lot of school work today. Luckily I know I'll get it done today rather than procrastinating further, because it's actually due today. I'm curious as of how I'll survive staying up late today, considering I get tired around 9:00 pm these days. Wish me luck, and I'll wish you luck with whatever you're doing today. (Slightly tempted to write toodeloo. Well, now I've done it). 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar